cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service issues

drmisty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to public yesterday, it seems my number has been ported finally, had to buy another eSIM card to finally make it work . However when I go to call one of my contacts I get this message “last line no longer available. Do you want to call using the remaining line?”  Am I going to have to see this every time I make a call or is there something I need to switch over somewhere in my settings?

thanks

18 REPLIES 18

drmisty

With what I have just done it seems to be working! Thank you for your help! Have a good day

drmisty

Found the default line has personal beside it , and that is what is turned on

drmisty

Under a heading of SIM’s I have 2 options primary and personal, only allowed to have one selected

drmisty

Thank you! I have removed them

@drmisty  and you said "I had to buy another eSIM as something hadn’t worked last night when they did it and have been charged for that one." 

So, you pay $5 for another eSIM or you pay another plan amount last night?

@drmisty 

you have posted your phone number in the public forum.  It is best to remove all those pictures from your profile for your own protection.  Please go to your album https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/322607/tab/all , on the top right of each pictures, click the x to remove

So, the label is showing Personal and you have Turn on this  line enabled., which is good.

You don't have another line/number showing on the previous screen (click Back on the screen that is showing Public Mobile info). If no other line, showing , you should be good.  Try to reboot your phone once and test again

drmisty

IMG_1504.jpeg

drmisty

Sorry I have gone thru everything there is no default voice line, I have an iphone12IMG_1503.jpeg

@drmisty 

To Change label

Settings -> Cellular (or Mobile Data) -> Tap the number whose label you want to change.  and you can change it there

To setup default lines;

Settings -> Cellular,

if you see two lines (below SIMs). ...
      Turn on two lines—tap a line, then tap Turn On this Line. ...
      Choose the default line for cellular data—tap Cellular Data, then tap a line. ...
       Choose the default line for voice calls—tap Default Voice Line, then tap a line.

drmisty

I have done a network reset, and have turned the phone off many many times trying to get it to configure properly

drmisty

Can you instruct me on how to do that? I can’t get hold of anyone at support, says they are having technical issues. This has not been a great experience for me so far, hope it gets better!

@drmisty 

you can change the label and set it to default;

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT209044

drmisty

I have removed the old SIM card, it says my network selection is public, but it is under the label of travel rather than personal or primary

@drmisty  Try as @softech  has mentioned in your sim manager and the the PM eSIM is set to active and that the old eSIM is disabled and in addition to that maybe try resetting networks settings also 

drmisty

I was charged for the initial charge for the plan I chose which included a free eSIM, had multiple issues getting my number ported, the help group ended up doing it for me and said everything should be good to go by 6:15 last night , but it isn’t . Looked in here for ideas and thought maybe I had to buy another eSIM as something hadn’t worked last night when they did it and have been charged for that one.

drmisty

I was charged for the initial charge for the plan I chose which included a free eSIM, had multiple issues getting my number ported, the help group ended up doing it for me and said everything should be good to go by 6:15 last night , but it isn’t . Looked in here for ideas and thought maybe I had to buy another eSIM as something hadn’t worked last night when they did it and have been charged for that one.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@drmistycheck the Sim manager on your phone. Make sure your PM eSIM is set as active and default and make sure your old ESIM or physical sim is disabled. If physical sim, better to simply remove it 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@drmisty  Buy another eSIM . Did you accidentally create 2 accounts . Check your credit card have you been charged twice ? 

Need Help? Let's chat.