cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

pdolphin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have an account but recently deactivated it because my device was stolen. I ordered a new used phone from you that arrived today, but it did not come with a new SIM card, which is indicated on the phone page as part of the deal with buying a phone. I need one to restart my service and did not buy one because I thought one would come with my phone as promised. How do I get my new SIM card at this point?

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

This new community forum has turned into one giant echo chamber!

more secret PM Staff now?  (Just jk)

@darlicious oops jb546...? 🙂

@pdolphin 

Send a private message as per @BeachNBeer  's instructions and include the following info to preverify your account:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Phone #, email and 4 digit account pin#.

Explain your issue and include your order or confirmation # of your phone order that was missing the free sim card. If you have a local retailer that you can purchase a sim card from then just get the CSA to approve a credit to your account once you submit your reciept.

Keep an eye on your private mailbox the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within the hour.

Edit: Lol....wrong beach bum!

@pdolphin wrote:

Yes thank you! I am new to this and wondered if you could tell me how to contact CSA’s. Thanks again.

@pdolphin you have to send an email/message through links provided by @BeachNBeer .

Or, click here to start a ticket to - 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would ask PM to ship it next day, I'm sure they should be able to arrange it given that this was their fault to begin with.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pdolphin  - yes, indeed contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) to get that SIM that you should have received by methods provided by @BeachNBeer .

But in the meantime you could share you location/city (only if you are comfortable with that, many members have new spares they could provide).

Or, pick up one at a retail location near you. Then you will have a spare when PM replaces the one they should have sent. 

Check retail here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

If they try to get you to activate, Don't. Just tell them you lost your phone and only need a replacement SIM card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pdolphin : Are you able to get out to some stores and get one yourself? Probably quicker than waiting again for the delivery. The company will credit you the cost of the SIM.

pdolphin

Yes thank you! I am new to this and wondered if you could tell me how to contact CSA’s. Thanks again.

@pdolphin   I don't think the SIM comes pre-installed but should be included with your phone package in it's own SIM package.  Of course if it's missing then you need to contact CSA's to reimburse you (if you need to purchase one instead) or send you a new one.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pdolphin 

Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

pdolphin

Thanks so much for replying. I did check and there was no card inserted and none in the packaging. How do I connect with CSAs?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that sucks. Have you checked all the packaging? Have you checked in the phone itself. Maybe it was pre-inserted??

You'll need to contact the CSA's to get another one sent or go buy one and then ask the CSA's to reimburse you the cost.

Need Help? Let's chat.