cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone

Wisewoman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have purchased a new phone and moved my SIM from the old phone to the new one. Is there anything else I need to do with Public mobile?

5 REPLIES 5

@dyardeni wrote:

Public Mobile should be able to recognize the phone properly. But you can always message them to make sure the IMEI is updated on the system. Can help with better connectivity. But you don't have to.

There isn't a need to contact a customer support agent to provide the phone's IMEI as it doesn't need to be updated anywhere in the customer's account. Public Mobile knows the IMEI of all devices connected to the network.  The woulldn't be anything for a CSA to update.

dyardeni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile should be able to recognize the phone properly. But you can always message them to make sure the IMEI is updated on the system. Can help with better connectivity. But you don't have to.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Wisewoman 

just check out your service is working fine for Call & SMS & data. if all good then no need to do anything.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Nope. Just reboot and connect. Assuming SIM is correct size and phone's contacts are not bent nor broken.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Wisewoman all you need now is to make sure it connects and then a very important step next:  Enjoy the new phone!!

Need Help? Let's chat.