cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer question - I don't have a phone number, how do I get one?

jolean01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For all the public mobile links I have accessed to get started, it prompts me for a phone number.  I don't have one. I need one. Specifically, I would like to receive a new phone number, a public mobile plan and purchase a pre-owned phone. The SIMon could not resolve this inquiry.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboychuk 

your carrier FIDO will not transport online? why and your account with fido is Active !

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Eligibility Check if your existing number is eligible to move visit Here link 

To get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

Spoiler

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50,$60, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service you will be very happy..

dboychuk

My old carrier FIDO will not transport my number over online so how do I get a new number with public and because I have no number I cannot set up a self serve account

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jolean01 wrote:

For all the public mobile links I have accessed to get started, it prompts me for a phone number.  I don't have one. I need one. Specifically, I would like to receive a new phone number, a public mobile plan and purchase a pre-owned phone. The SIMon could not resolve this inquiry.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hello @jolean01  you can proceed with changing your phone number after you activate a SIM card if you wish.

If you are having difficulty activating a Public Mobile SIM card, click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

@skanji wrote:

Oh okay, cool.  So upto 4 times in the 30 days and then after that locked in?

@skanji  after that .. you wait for the next cycle and you get another 4 times

And remember, you can go to Change number and just look at the available numbers there, keep refreshing the page for new set of number.  As long as you didn't pick on a number to request a change, it won't count as the 4 times

skanji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh okay, cool.  So upto 4 times in the 30 days and then after that locked in?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

To get a phone number at PM, you need to buy and activate a PM SIM card (either online or at some retailer where you live.

If you don't have a phone either, you can buy an UNLOCKED phone at any retailer ( I bought mine on Amazon) or even used and refurbished ones on sites like Kijiji.

After activating your SIM, you'll get your phone number  and can open a Self-serve account online to manage your plan payment method, select add-ons, etc...

If you want to go the easy route (but not necessarily get the best deal), you can pick your phone and SIM card here: Phone Section (publicmobile.ca)

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@skanji wrote:

Is there a way to see the numbers and choose for yourself?  I'd rather wait a month to see what numbers are available to keep my 4th line similar to the other 3, if that makes sense?

Log into self service and there is a link to change your number. Numbers available will be listed. You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated.

skanji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a way to see the numbers and choose for yourself?  I'd rather wait a month to see what numbers are available to keep my 4th line similar to the other 3, if that makes sense?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You need to click ACTIVATE

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 9.14.46 AM.png

Jerrilynn

Hi there,

During the application process you will be asked if you have a number you would like to keep, or if you need a new number. If you need a new number it will generate a couple of different number options that you can choose from.

Hope this helps 🙂

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You are using the wrong spot. You are looking at once you have a retailer set you up with a SIM and a number...then you finish off the account. 

If you do your self you buy a SIM then use the Activate part of the web site. If you need a SIM and a Referral you can ask here if you don't have a friend to give you one. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

When you go though the process of signing up with PM, you should be offered to select one of few offered phone numbers based on area code. List of offered phone numbers is limited (10-15) and will be repeated so you will have a chance to pick one you like the most.

Did you get to that web page? If not, try different web browsed (Edge, Chrome) and start sign up process again.

I would not suggest to do porting right away at sign up process. Just get a number first, confirm service is working and then port if you want to.

Let us know please at which page you are stuck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jolean01 : Right up top there...Get Started. Or if you have a SIM then right next to that...Activate.

Edit: And for a phone...on the other side...Shop. You'll even get a SIM with a phone purchase. (or two)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jolean01 

you want to buy it a Pre-Owned phones.from public mobile visit Here 

and after you received the device you will have a New SIM card and start Activate.

Need Help? Let's chat.