cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New card says not registered on network

Zackarybower
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Definitely the card or account as it wont work in any phone but other pm sims work fine in this phone. Need help asap. Thanks

26 REPLIES 26

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zackarybower 

Progress....please come back online and check your private messages.  Thx!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zackarybower 

Yes they have been open for several hours and I have recieved responses at 3:30 am my time. I will send you a message to ensure you can receive them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Zackarybower

Will wait another 30 min and see. In a previous reply in this thread i was told 6am EST so asuming they had been open for hours now. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zackarybower 

Just Simple--Simon and private messaging. You confirmed your original message was sent? I usually get a reply between 6am and 7am Pacific from a message sent the night before. If you don't see a reply in your private messages in the next hour report back here or private message me and I will try on your behalf just in case there is an issue with your private messaging.

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Zackarybower

Any other way to get a hold of them? Not getting a responce.

Zackarybower

Tried that but there are no options that would help with with this situation

Zackarybower

Thanks but it would not verify that way either

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zackarybower 

I couldn't find my sent messages either when the community was redesigned in January. Click on the weird house looking arrow below Inbox at the top left in your private messaging account. It will give you the Sent option. Check there for your message sent to customer support.

You will get a response from customer support within a couple hours of their 6am eastern opening hour of business. You can send a follow up message to your first message with "Urgent: sim card not provisioned upon activation" in subject line and add any pertinent details to your message including the last 9 digits of your sim card and the account details to pre-verify the account so a CSA can start the process to provision the sim card to the account before they have to speak to you.

I have on occasion recieved late night service from a CSA because I always leave a detailed message and pre-verify my account. Others my not agree with my methodology but it works for me.....unlike Simple--Simon.

If you get another sim and activate a new line you would be paying twice so you will have to get in touch with a CSA to request a refund due to the issues you were having with the first one.

@Zackarybower wrote:

Wont make the call and says not registered on network 

Do you have another working phone to call that number?

@Zackarybower wrote:

My cc was charged.

Okay, good to know 👍

Zackarybower

Wont make the call and says not registered on network 

Zackarybower

My cc was charged.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Zackarybower 

Try this too to see what your account status is if activation did work….dial 1-855-4Public and follow the prompts.

@Zackarybower 

If your cc did not get charged during activation then the sim did not get activated and you can try again, but clear your browser cache and go go incognito using chrome.

Zackarybower

As mentioned before i tried it in mutiple phones and it does not work. I realy dont have a day to wait for them to get back to me. May need to buy another card and open another account. 

Zackarybower

Wont let me use chat bot as it askes for user name and password and wont work. Tried the one for account and community. Dosnt say what one it needs. Also so odd you need 2 accounts anyway. Public mobile is only good if you never have a problem but once you do your in for a full time job to solve it yourself. 

@Zackarybower 

Staff are off for the day to respond to your ticket. It sounds like they need to reset the SIM for you.

Another check if it is the SIM is to try it in another phone to see if it still have the same issue.

@Zackarybower 

Can you confirm your cc got charged during activation?

@Zackarybower 

Using the chatbot is a lot faster than going through private message. So if you have not used the chatbot then try submitting through that too. I would hope within a couple of hours when they are available at the times posted above. I would try rebooting again later too.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Zackarybower

Yep tried that along with many other things. Need it now though unfortunately not tomorrow. How long do they take to answer tickets?

@Zackarybower 

It could be a provisioning problem, but also could be some maintenance going on to affect the account. It might all start working in a few hours or by morning. Try reinstalling sim and rebooting later. At least you have a ticket in.

Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Zackarybower

New sim. New number. Done it 5 times before for other new accounts and never had an issue. Cc is on auto pay just like the others.

Zackarybower

Did send them a msg but no response. No sure if it went as i dont seecan outbox or sent messages section. It is a new sim just registered. Done it just fine last 5 times so im sure its a problem on their end.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Zackarybower 

Did you change/replace the SIM card in your account. If so, you can only register 1 SIM/account.

If not, contact a CS_Agent to reset your SIM if it was activated on a new account.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Zackarybower 

So did you just go through the activation process for the new sim? Have a look at your credit card, did it get charged? Are you porting a number over? 

Need Help? Let's chat.