cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation for subscription plan?

mostephmo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I saw a limited time subscription plan offer from public mobile (30 GB Data at 5G Speed for only $40). My current plan is 20 GB data at 4g speed for $39. I tried to change my plan but I’m being told the offer is for NEW activations only. I only activated my account and plan with public mobile about a month ago. I believe this deal should extend to me and other recent activations as well, especially since it’s the same cost but because I activated a month ago I receive much less services! Thank you for your time and understanding.

5 REPLIES 5

No legacy rewards OP joined PM month ago 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @mostephmo 

It does kind of suck it's for new customers only but... this is how you work around it. If you don't care about your phone number, turn off your subscription and let it laps and start a whole new one. Just know that if you're on the old Legacy Rewards, you will lose them for ever. If you are on the new reward system and don't care about them, then just let it go and start again but use a different email address. But if you want to keep your phone number AND still get the plan you want, only option is to port out your number to a VOIP like TextNow which they do for free. Wait a bit and then port your number back to PM with your new account. It's a lot of work but you have to ask yourself if it's worth it. Is it?

Ha. This is almost as bad as 18 pages... FRONT AND BACK! LOL. True fans will get that joke.

HI @mostephmo 

I check and I don't see it for myself too

but last couple months, we saw many times that some good plan that was designed the new activation eventually passed down to existing customers too, or at least some plan that has similar price with similar data amount.  So, keep checking weekly and maybe something similar will be there 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mostephmo your  Posting to a community forum  of members like you , most everyone of us here don’t have that plan  either for that very reason also , but if you want to discuss this with support you can by submitting a ticket . But you can always create a new account on that plan and port you first PM account number out to another provider and port it back in in the new PM account with the 30GB for $40 plan 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mostephmo 

login to My Account using Incognit/Private/Secret mode on your borwser, go to Change Subscription.  Those plans you see there will be the only plans you can change to .  If you don't see the plan there, then sorry, it's not available  😞

Need Help? Let's chat.