cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim card

StevenVE9SY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a new SIM card Jum30th, and still have not received it. How can I get this taken care of. I've got a new phone and a 6g plan, but my sim is only 4g. I've been with PC mobile for 10 or so years  with the same card..

9 REPLIES 9

StevenVE9SY

I should get better than 4g. I know not all phones show the correct info. Used to work for Bell mobility. Miss that plan. Unlimited data (REALLY unlimited)  unlimited use in Canada and the US LD to the US. It was great for $9.95 a month.  But once I got sick and taken off work, after 5 years I was switched to a regular plan and my bill went up to $150 plus! That is when I switched.

@StevenVE9SY   Depending which Samsung, not all the 5G capable phones do get 5G on Public Mobile or at least show 5G at the top of the phone although speed can still be better than 100 Mbps.  Hopefully yours isn't one of them, if it's a brand new recent model hopefully it should be OK.

StevenVE9SY

It is a 5G capable Samsung.  I made sure when I bought it. I already had the plan. It was a good deal so hey. Then my phone kinda went on me. Speaker does not work. Now the mic is gone. I only use it for data when out and plays games . Had to forward it to my wife's phone until I got the new one!

StevenVE9SY

Thanks I've submitted a ticket, now I just have to wait. Bit of a bummer, I have a 5g tower that I can see out my window, and can not get the service. Hopefully I'll get a reply soon. I forgot all about the order until I was cleaning out my inbox.

@StevenVE9SY  Whether you can get 5G also depends what phone you have and whether it is 5G enabled specifically on Public Mobile.  Can you tell us what phone you have?

StevenVE9SY

I am using it now. But I'm only getting 100mbs  4G service. I believe the card is to old and does not support 5G. I'll try these links and see what happens. Hopefully I can get this worked out.

@StevenVE9SY  Have you actually tried your sim card in the new phone?  For non-arrival of the new sim card you will need to contact customer service as mentioned, but if the chatbot doesn't work then send a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

StevenVE9SY

I've been with Public Mobile at least 10 years. I have the small sim card nor, but it has been at least 10 years since I bout it, and 5G was not supported back then. I spent $10 plus taxes and have  not gotten it yest.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@StevenVE9SY   Do you mean you are switching to Public Mobile from PC Mobile, or meant to say you have been with Public Mobile for ten years?   What size is your current sim, is it one with outer spacers that reduce down to nano sim, I'm not sure when nano sims became prevalent.  Just wondering if your current sim might work.  There is also the option of esim since you have a new phone, assuming it is esim capable.

To contact customer service open a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page since they need to know when delivery  hasn't happened by ten business days.

Need Help? Let's chat.