cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Canada-US plan

Yea123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently switched to PM from a different provider for the new 34/month 5G plan which allow me to use the cell phone service in Canada-US without paying for roaming charges. Now I want to know, is this plan or promotion going to expire anytime soon or I will be able use the same plan as soon as I pay it on time for my plan?

6 REPLIES 6

Mark42

@hTideGnow might as well just leave the roaming on all the time, it really does not affect workings of your phone and it is ready to use when you want it, provide a more seamless crossing of the border!

HI @Yea123 

the roaming data to turn on for your phone is actually for data, voice does not need that toggle.

and no extra charge, it is included in your Canada-US plan

Yea123

@hTideGnow Thanks for the reply. 
one more question for you. When I am in the states, I have turn on the roaming in order to make calls and data? But there will be no fee right?

Yea123

Thank you so mush for the reply!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Yea123 

Are you on the $34 Canada US plan right now?  If you are already on this plan, this plan will not expire if you keep paying the monthly fee.  

However, Public mobile does have the right to increase the plan in the future.  Public mobile has not increase plans often though in the last 5 years.  Only once for the old $10 plan.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Yea123 

no need to worry, once you are subscribed to the plan, you are locked in.  This is not plan with an expiry date, and the price will also stay as $34 (of course like all carriers, PM still can increase the plan price)

so, all you need to do is enjoy the plan 🙂

if you need to use the network in US, connect to T-Mobile or AT&T and remember to turn on roaming mobile data

Need Help? Let's chat.