cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Add-On, compatible with change of plan?

Andrew_M
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently received a loyalty gift of 240GB Data for the next 150 days. As I am already on a plan that gives me 30GB of data a month, and I never hit that amount, I would like to change to a low data plan that is cheaper to take advantage of the gift I have been given. Otherwise, it is completely useless. 

My two questions are: If I lower my plan to the 15$ plan, will I still be eligible? Also, the lower plan is a 3G plan, so will the add on data run at 3G? 

Thank you,

Andrew 

4 REPLIES 4

syhum1

How sad i only see this after I made the change, thinking of making use of the gift cause I would never be able to use the gift and now I lost it 😞

@Andrew_M    I've not received the text/email or the bonus data yet for the upcoming conversion to new points and so don't know the exact wording for it, however, some of the oracles have confirmed that a plan change after receiving the bonus data does lose you this data.  Some customers who have received their bonus data and changed plans, have also confirmed that the bonus data was removed from their accounts after the change.   So yes, my understanding is that you lose the bonus after the change, unfortunately.

Also once you change plan, your data speed will also default to the speed of the changed plan.

Andrew_M

On the text message I received it said nothing about this, so I don't know what you mean by "clearly". If I am missing something I would like to see it, this is why I asked the question.

Honestly this kind of way of customer service turns me away from Public Mobile. It is unclear what is going on, and then I find out that the "gift" I am getting is not really a gift at all as I will not get 1GB of that data.

On top of that the answer I get is condescending for no reason. Why would I come on here and waste my time if it was clear. 

Boo.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Andrew_M 

you cannot.  It said clearly you will loss the data addon if you change to lower amount plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.