cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activations are getting better deal

Kanethedog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to change my subscription to the new deal they are offering 40 gb for 45 dollars, but unable to do it because I am an existing customer, and have been for over 3 years. I really don't think its very fair that only new activations are being offered this deal. So much for all of us loyal subscribers, that can't avail of the big deals. I am very seriously thinking about looking at other carriers, this has got me very frustrated with Public Mobile.

5 REPLIES 5

@Kanethedog 

Currently you can get the 40gb plan in 5G for $40/month on the 90 days plan.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Kanethedog   If you don't mind paying for 90 days up front, there is also the $45 for 50gb x 3  unlimited (150 gb also up front to last the 90 days) which is actually a better deal for the amount of data.

Kanethedog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Kanethedog occasionally PM will have plans for new activation only.  But be patient, we saw so many times that PM eventually let existing subscribers to get the same deal as new subscribers.  So, hang on and it might come

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kanethedog 

Unfortunately this is common practice amongst all cellular carriers as they benefit more from attracting new customers. I still feel like there are other good deals that existing customers have access to but I understand your feelings. But unfortunately no matter the carrier you switch to you will eventually see a deal that is only for new activations.

But with Public Mobile if you aren’t attached to your existing rewards and phone number you could make a new account with a new email to get the promo if you are really interested in it. The downside however is that you cannot transfer your phone number from one PM account to another so you’d have to port your number out to another service only to port it back in for the new account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.