cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Activation + eSim = network access but showing "NO SIM" and no wireless bars

bennicholson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

Unfortunately a search did not provide an answer and CS has not been helpful.

1. New activation
  2. iPhone 13
  3. Added eSim
  4. Removed old sim card
  5. Line is tuned on and all other sim's are "No SIM"
  6. Have reset Network Settings  (x3)

I have Wi-Fi turned off and do have a data connection (can surf net, send imessage) and can make phone calls.....However, the display for cellular connection on the main screen is only four dots (....) next to the battery icon with no bars showing. 

Additionally., when you swipe down from the top of the iphone (i.e.: to see network connections, flashlight, calculator etc.) the network connection (now shown on the left) shows four dots (....) No SIM   ".... No Sim"

I cannot figure it out and all PM has offered for advice was to buy a new SIM card or eSim (zero response from CS agent re: not wanting to pay for a two day!! old eSim) 

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

bennicholson

Hello
CS provided a 5$ credit to purchase a new eSim card. (ie: no charge)

Downloaded and installed new eSim and issue was rectified

cyoung50

Yes, it’s a new activation. iPhone and when I go to about it shows public mobile and in cellular. Though in cellular there is limited information compared to what I would see in the past.

@cyoung50 

is that a new activation?  is that iPhone or Android?

if you go to Sim card Manager screen or Settings > Cellular, do you see a Public Mobile sim card there and is that enabled?

cyoung50

I am having an identical issue, let me know if you get a resolution.

bennicholson

update:  "Supports" "recommendation" is to purchase a new eSim or Sim card. 

My eSim is all of two days old...and has not functioned properly.  Not sure why I am being asked to purchase a replacement  😞 

bennicholson

re:  iPhone?  you have set "Turn on this line" to enabled?, and you have set it as "Primary"?

Yes - IPhone 13

Yes "Turn on this line" is enabled. 

Yes set as "primary"

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bennicholson 

iPhone?  you have set "Turn on this line" to enabled?, and you have set it as "Primary"?

if you have done that, it could be a problem with sim provision on the system side.  Please message support here and they can quickly reprovision it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

Need Help? Let's chat.