cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account Number Porting - Over 90 Minutes....

Freefromfreedom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, How do I request a new port over for my phone number from Freedom to Public?  I forgot to keep my old sim in to complete it and it's been over the 90 minutes.  I cannot receive incoming calls now.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

@Yummy if they are porting into PM, they have to call PM porting team to retrigger the process, which will re-initiate the sms on the old provider.  Basically PM system reaches out to the old provider to get the number,  old provider sees the request and send sms for authorization 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I am confused a little bit. Two posts have conflicting advice and I would like to know Correct answer for future reference.

If somebody is porting to PM and SMS is missed from old provider, WHO has to be contacted to resend SMS?

PM or Old provider?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

reinitiate the porting text over from Freedom, you can contact Freedom's customer service as well and see if they can resend for you. Is the account still active?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Send a message to Public Mobile CSA and request number port from previous network. Provide them with IMEI number on your phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Usually you initiate porting request at PM site and then keep old SIM in your phone to receive authorization from previous provider. Then you reply Yes to their SMS.

It could be that with recent issues with delayed SMS your porting SMS is delayed too.

I would keep old SIM in a phone for a little bit longer.

Need Help? Let's chat.