cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New $55 20 gig plan

Justlikeme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey I have some questions for you about this plan:

1. Is it only $55 for a limited time (does it go up to a higher price after so many months)

2. Can I stay with public mobile's old reward system (which I am currently on) if I switch to this plan?

24 REPLIES 24

HI @Shua_good   No, I don't think PM announce an end date on the plan yet.  So, just hope the plan is still here when your friend is ready

So, how bad is Lucky?

@Shua_good wrote:

How long will this be offered?? My buddy, who I'm trying to sway to public, JUST signed up with lucky on Sept 15, and already regrets this decision. Will public announce when the promo ends??

The length of time that the plan will be offered has not been announced.  They may or may not advise people ahead of time of an end date.

Shua_good
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long will this be offered?? My buddy, who I'm trying to sway to public, JUST signed up with lucky on Sept 15, and already regrets this decision. Will public announce when the promo ends??

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AlchemicalMomma 

Are you having difficulty scheduling a plan change on next renewal to the student plan? The new serve account is very glitchy as a result it is best that you clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode before logging into your account.

Then once you are within your account go to the plan and add-ons page and choose change plan. You'll have to use a little arrows either at the side of the screen or the bottom of the screen to scroll down.

There's no differentiation between 3G and 4G plans with columns instead they are listed by price so just look carefully at each description to ensure that you're choosing the correct plan then schedule it to change on your next renewal.

Even if the student plan is no longer on offer as long as you have scheduled it change plan on next renewal public mobile will honour the change of plan if it is scheduled to occur on your next renewal.

If you are increasing the price of your plan by upgrading instead of downgrading it is always recommended to manually top up your account with the amount needed to pay for your new plan so as to not suffer an auto pay failure due to a known glitch that sometimes happens with auto pay when upgrading your plan.

AlchemicalMomma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same question. I cannot upgrade at present for some reason. Anyone know why?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Justlikeme 

Very smart of you to come to the community and ask your questions.... As you can see from the answer you got from the customer support agent they are not always right they are often wrong but the community is almost always right but occasionally wrong. To clarify:

• You will keep your rewards as long as you don't join public points so just stay away from anything that says public points and your rewards will stay intact whether or not you change plans.
  • The $55 price is offered for a limited time and once it is no longer on offer you cannot select that plan as such you will be grandfathered into a legacy plan meaning you will keep it as long as you don't change plans.
  • There's no guarantee that you can keep the plan but history is shown the public mobile allows you to keep plans however they do not guarantee you can keep the price of the plan. There is only been two cases of public mobile increasing the price of a legacy plan. They tried in 2018 to increase the price of the fall 2016 promo from $40 / 30 days $50 / 30 days (or $120/90 days to $150/90 days) however they do not include in the terms and conditions of that promo to refer to the terms of service instead they had mentioned that you were able to keep the plan price for as long as you were an active customer as such when they tried to change the price of that plan they realized they could not and with a great amount of a grassroots campaign and many complaints to the CCTS it was canceled 24 hours later.
  • The second time they emailed or texted customers with the $10 50/50 legacy plan that it was to increase by 30% from $10 to $13 that was this spring. Although they did not follow their terms of service and how they inform customers of this price increase complaints to the CCTS confirmed that public mobile and all prepaid providers can do what they want when they want because you agreed to a 30-day contract. As a result they were able to increase the price of the $10 50/50 legacy plan to $13.
  • The price increase to the $10 50/50 legacy plan was a money grab by greedy telus because it wants to increase the ARPU and they were unable to do that with customers on the $10 plan because they were not willing to migrate to a higher priced plan so telus did it for them by increasing the price of the plan to make the $15 plan much more attractive so you either pay $3 more for the same or you paid 50% more and migrated to the $15 plan. We can thank Darren Entwistle for this the stand-up guy that he is.... However larger data plans even when it's on promotion for $55/20GB it's still a higher ARPU so it is unlikely that that will increase in price in the future however YMMV as always applies.

@Timer 

When offering your opinion on what may or may not happen just add "as always YMMV applies". This is your "get out of jail free card" when it comes to offering your opinion to other customers.

@dust2dust @hTideGnow 

as i said > i don't think so for higher cost price plan will be any increase price.. but not always a possibility to increase price again from past 12 years ago until now just one time at one plan they increase by $3 and a lot customer they angry for that increase but you just think about the company need for lower cost price plan to be any customer to think for upgrade to higher cost plan...

no one will be like to pay more all we need lower cost for anything in life but we have no choice who is has the power then will be run it on.

no one will be like to pay more for anything all we need lower cost for anything in the life but we have no choice,, who is has the power then will be run it on. if no one like it them go to other Providers.

do you see for big other company not like to bring names in here maybe is not allowed and they doing increase price for home internet & TV or other service. they customer what they do some customer lower package or move to other company and i know from someone how they losing customer when them doing this a lot and big number and now they what doing send a email or give a call to who is cancel account and moveing to other new company. with lower price they have before and that customer not like to be back at all...

you know when you change to other new company for any service and that company is given good price and good service will be keep customer for a long time and that customer bring more friends to this company so who is make more money for the increase price or bring more customer and when share information to other friends then that name of this company will bring more customer and make more money..

any company increase price in yearly this company will losing a lot customer and money.. but who care's in this life for anything going some other need to doing bad to eachother for no reason..

@Timer- The $10 plan customers were certainly not happy. That reasoning is a part of asking why the heck they raised the price with nothing to show for it. It was a greedy grab from some customers that they would probably just as soon not have. I don't feel particularly welcome because of that.

There's a difference between asserting something and offering an opinion. You saying "I don't think so" is offering an opinion. Ok. Maybe. An assertion is based on fact.

Hi @Timer 

you "dont think" and "any increase in the future this is not possible"  are two different things.  That is just your interpretation.. Reality is that pruce increase is ALWAYS a possibility 

@dust2dust 

i don't think so for higher cost price plan will be any increase price .. you know if them do that then any customer will be angry and will looking for change to new Provider. and in market shop around to many Provider has good deal..and a lot company offer prepaid service.... my suggestion to PM to be lower price then other Provider, to bring more customer.... but who listens to who i don't know..

@Timer wrote:

@dust2dust 

i understand but just that lower plan $10 increase to $13...but do you can see for 12 years past any other increase to other plan A. No.

@Timer- That's correct. But you can't assert that it won't. Because it may. Because they can.

Here is what you said in part:

-----------

no increase as long as you stay to paying for service

-----------

This can not be asserted.

Then you continued with:

-----------

just in case if you getting any increase in the future this is not possible

-------

This can not be asserted.

@dust2dust 

i understand but just that lower plan $10 increase to $13...but do you can see for 12 years past any other increase to other plan A. No.

@Timer wrote:

@Justlikeme 

your Q, 1.. no increase as long as you stay to paying for service,,just in case if you getting any increase in the future this is not possible, you can change to other plan.

@Timer- This is not true. We saw this with the $10 plan. It was forced upon customers. Yes we all have the option to change plans. But always remember that the contract here is for 30 days. The company has no other obligation. Sure yes grandfathering whatever. No legal requirement on the part of the company.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Justlikeme 

your Q, 1.. no increase as long as you stay to paying for service,,just in case if you getting any increase in the future this is not possible, you can change to other plan.

Q. 2.. yes you can stay with old rewards system and when you switch to new plan they rewards is in your account as is.

Tipc: tried use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page  and go to Plan & Add-ons, and scroll the plans using the down and up arrows on the far right. select the plan you want, and select ‘Change plan now’ then you pay full price plan, or ‘Change plan on renewal date’..to you not losing any money..

@Justlikeme wrote:

"Anyway, the old public rewards system is no longer in function since January, so you cannot be on something that's no longer valid.

But I am already on the public rewards system? I am confused

This is just bad wording.

Agent should have said - "As new customer You cannot participate in old rewards as it was replaced with points as of Jan 2022. BUT as long as you are on old rewards system we will honour it until high management decides to brutally eliminate it and switch everybody overnight to points". Or something like that.

Wow. All kinds of misunderstanding. It's that new subscribers are put on the new points system. The old rewards system is alive and well for old subscribers. It's irreversible to switch to points from an old account.

You can also just open a whole new account if you like. Maybe use this plan as a data-only type of account usage and make use of the points promo on it. Then use a dual-sim phone and use your rewards account as your main phone and this account just for data. There's no way I'd spend that much but to each their own.

Justlikeme

I message public mobile because I do not want to switch to the new points system and they said this

"Anyway, the old public rewards system is no longer in function since January, so you cannot be on something that's no longer valid. The advantage of this rate plan is that you'll get $8.25/mo in points value for the first 12 months. "

But I am already on the public rewards system? I am confused

@Justlikeme wrote:

I mean if i purchase this plan today will it ever stop being $55? 

@Justlikeme   once you are in , you are in.

Most provider might stop a plan , but for those who are in, they will keep the "grandfathered" plan for long time, of course, as long as you don't change plan.   Most providers won't even change the price for 2+ year.

Justlikeme

I mean if i purchase this plan today will it ever stop being $55? 

Justlikeme

@computergeek541 thanks for your reply.

Does that mean that the $55 20 gig plan could in fact expire and become more expensive? 

@Justlikeme 

Assuming that you're already on a different 30-day plan, rewards will stay the same when switching to another 30-day plan.  No expiry date has been announced for the $55 20GB plan offering.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Justlikeme wrote:

Hey I have some questions for you about this plan:

1. Is it only $55 for a limited time (does it go up to a higher price after so many months)...Nope...it's $55 for as long as you stay on it. PM always reserves the right to cost increase later I suppose.

2. Can I stay with public mobile's old reward system (which I am currently on) if I switch to this plan?...Yes, as long as you're currently on the old Rewards program.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

1. It looks like it is limited time offer

Yummy_0-1661094989412.png

Offer does not say when it expires. You can ask agent, though.

2. Yes, if you switch Plans you will retain all rewards (loyalty, autopay, etc.) bonuses (Christmas bonus, etc.) and add-ons (if any). They are attached to your account not Plan.

Justlikeme

If I change my plan to this one will I be able to keep my old public mobile rewards and is there an expiry date on when this plan will stop being $55? Please advise 

Need Help? Let's chat.