cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New $34 Canada/US 50GB

RobertRobert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone used this in the US in California for making calls to Canada, data and does it really work. In the US

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I've used it in Cali many times. Works great.

I was in Washington state for the past few days, and although AT&T 5G was finally working, there were times today that it wasn't working again. If you have issues just force your phone into 4G/LTE and you'll be just fine.

@RobertRobert , roaming in California is fine.  As already mentioned, VoLTE or T-Mobile 2G is needed for phone calls.  For mobile data, make sure roaming data is enabled. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @RobertRobert 

I've never been to Cali before but I have been to the US multiple times and had that package. I had zero problems and was able to use the package like I was in Canada. I made calls to the US and Canada while in the US. I used the data like a rented army mule. Mostly FaceTime of course. I am positive it will work in Cali. You may just need to reboot your phone. If that doesn't work, you may need to turn off automatic in your network settings and choose T-Mobile as that's the network I use while in the US. Worse case, go on wifi, come back here and we'll help figure it out.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@RobertRobert   I haven't personally but others have said it works fine, they'll probably be along soon to confirm.  One caveat is whether your phone is on Public Mobile's VoLTE enabled list because there is no more 3G in the USA.  Without VoLTE voice calls there will be iffy and rely on T-Mobile's 2G network which is spotty and being wound down.

Need Help? Let's chat.