cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 30G 39/month plan upgrade from grandfathered plan

KeWu8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm on the an old grandfathered plan using old rewards system.

I'd like to change to the new plan to take advantage of the additional data. But would I need to change to the new point system? Don't want to as it seems to be a downgrade for the loyalty points on the old rewards system?

Thanks!

K

17 REPLIES 17

HI @tsunami604  the addons will stay.  No change to it 

@tsunami604   yes, you will get all the addon you paid and you got it free from PM, they will carry over like before

But of course, the new data add on now has a 30 days expiry.  

@tsunami604  Yes you will keep those also , there tied to your account not your plan 

tsunami604
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will I keep all my current ad ons when switching to this new 90 day plan? Will my current ad ons expire? or continue to carry over, like they currently do. Specifically about the freebie ad ons. 

@mojorising  Fingers crossed they award you 3x reward .to start if so please inform us . I’ll be next on the bandwagon then . Otherwise I’ve already resigned myself accepting it will come in 90 days afterwards if not I’ll just go back to 30 day plan 

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Makes sense. I'm getting more answers here than with CS at the moment and their reply should have been the same as yours from the beginning. They are still "investigating" my issue.

@mojorising it is correct PM gave you 1x the reward when you first change from a 30 days cycle to 90 days

Remember, rewards are earned at the end of a plan cycle.  PM will credit rewards to your account on the last day of the plan cycle.  These rewards will then be used towards your renewal on the following day.

Since you are moving from a 30 days cycle, you have only earned one month worth of rewards, and the 1 month worth of rewards will therefore be applied on your new renewal, in this case, the plan change for your 90 days.    

After you changed to the 90 days plan, you will be receiving the rewards as follow:

• sometime during the 90 days plan cycle, you will get $6 Autopay in one payment
  • every 30 days, PM will credit you the loyal rewards, friend referrals rewards and Community rewards, ie, you will get 3 separate payments in the next 90 days

@mojorising that’s interesting , please update with what they come back with . I asked agent about this also and used and example of having $8 in rewards every 30 days . Here response I got 

Hey Handy1,

Thank you for contacting us!

I'm Christopher and I'll be more than glad to assist you.

If you're on a 30-day plan and you get 8$ in total in rewards per 30 days, you will get triple the amount on a 90-day plan.

However, with the new system, they will be applied each 30 days.

So basically, you make a payment each 90 days, but the system keeps applying the rewards as 8$ each 30 days.

When you reach the new renewal you will have accumulated 24$ in total.

If you need account-related information, I will need you to authenticate your account.

To authenticate, please provide me your Public mobile phone number and the 4-digit account security PIN.

Let me know what you think.

I await your reply.

Regards,

Christopher - Public Mobile CS_Agent

mojorising

I'm currently in conversation with a CS Agent asking the same thing. They asked to provide a screen shot showing the rewards that are applied. They have not told me so far that I only have one month of rewards banked as to the reason why I'm only get 1x reward. The last message I got is that they are going to investigate the reason for this.

@mojorising  I wish it was that way 3x rewards to start . But comming from 30 day plan to 90 day I only have 1x reward banked up to use to begin the 90 day .. but after that 90 day I’ll have 3x reward for the following renewal 

mojorising

It shouldn't have to be that way. The 3x points should be applied the first time that you subscribe to the plan. People are committing to a 3-month plan and rewards should be applied to each month. That's the correct thing to do in my opinion.

@Johnovich- As from the other thread, while yes there may be some inconsistency, it should be one 1x of rewards no matter what plan you're going into. We'll see what comes out in the wash in the next few months.

Johnovich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mind, that if you were on a monthly plan and switching to a 90 day plan, some users are reporting not being credited for 3 months worth of rewards on the first pay cycle. That means the first time they switch they are only receiving 1 month worth of rewards instead of 3.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@KeWu8 , no worries about losing the legacy $ reward system.  I was on a legacy 90 day plan, went to 30 days and will be going back to the new 90 day plan.  I am still on the legacy $ reward system.  As mentioned there is bit of a transition effect on the initial rewards to be mindful of when switching plan durations.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@KeWu8 

You can switch plans anytime and stay on the existing Rewards system.

Switching rewards system is all voluntary so DON’T click on switch to the Points system because you can’t switch back to the old rewards system.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KeWu8  You get to keep your old rewards and at the end of 90 days you will have 3x rewords for following renewal . But first 90 day cycle you will only get to use your last 30 day 1x reward to begin . And get all 90 GB of data on day one for the next 90 days 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KeWu8 

You can freely change plan and it wont' affect your current rewards, also confirmed by Community Manager here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FAQ-amp-Troubleshooting/td-p/986594

Will I be moved to the new rewards program if I change my plan?
Changing your plan won’t automatically transfer you to our new Public Points rewards program. If you’re currently on our legacy rewards program, you will continue to stay on it. However, we encourage you to explore Public Points, as it opens up even more opportunities for savings.

Need Help? Let's chat.