cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neither of my phones can make calls this morning: voice message says I don't have a plan.

Chushiyan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I try to make a call, I get a message about not being on a plan. Data works.

The message has now changed. It says, "... because your plan does not include a U.S. Roaming add-on".

The number I'm calling is just my other phone. Neither device is roaming in the USA; both devices are in Vancouver, Canada.

I logged into the self-serve website and called *611; everything is in good order.

7 REPLIES 7

Chushiyan

I'm checking the other account. Since it's the same credit card, why would one not get paid? Maybe I mistyped the expiry date, so it thinks the card expired. Or something.

HI @Chushiyan 

since you have two phones, put the PM sim that is not currently working into the other phone and check 

Chushiyan

Ok, one phone can call other numbers, just not the other phone. It gets that "you don't have a US roaming add-on" message.  Other phone just gets "Hi, Public Mobile here! Your number cannot be completed as dialed, etc."

HI @Chushiyan 

don't just check credit card, please check your My Account and make sure it shows active.   Please use Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser to login My Account 

If active,  try reboot your phone once and test.  Make calls using 1 in front of the 10 digits 

and submit ticket wit CS agent if nothing works

Chushiyan

Ah, but there should be two payments, like this:

Nov 21, 2023
PUBLIC MOBILE, 855-XXXXXX
$22.40  
Nov 21, 2023
PUBLIC MOBILE, 855-XXXXXX
$21.28  

Chushiyan

There is no missed payment. I can turn off Wi-Fi and use data.

Website says everything is active. My next automatic payment is on January 21.

I am not in the USA; I'm in Vancouver, trying to call a Vancouver number.  I'm being told I need a U.S. roaming add-on.

My credit card does not expire until 2027 and isn't over limit or anything.

Here is a copy and paste from my online banking credit card view: the credit card transaction is authorized:

Dec 22, 2023
PUBLIC MOBILE
$21.28 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Chushiyan 

this message usually mean your account is suspended, probably missed payment

please use Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser to login My Account to confirm again

If missed payment, make a manual payment by clicking "Pay Now and resume services"

if active,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437                     

Need Help? Let's chat.