cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need replacement SIM with same phone number

FSyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello - my physical SIM card suffered water damage and I need a replacement SIM (either physical or eSIM) with the same phone number associated.  How do I order a replacement SIM and ensure I still have the same phone number?

5 REPLIES 5

FSyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you very much 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@FSyd  Get a new sim card and sim swap it in your account profile tab like this 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1695490985858.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@FSyd 

To ensure you retain the same number, log into your self-serve account and under your profile tab you will see the option to change your sim card.

Whatever you do, do not activate the new SIM card as you will be creating a brand new account.

@FSyd wrote:

Hello - my physical SIM card suffered water damage and I need a replacement SIM (either physical or eSIM) with the same phone number associated.  How do I order a replacement SIM and ensure I still have the same phone number?

SIM cards can be purchased at corportately-run Telus loccations and eSIMs (if your device is comaptible can be purchased from inside your Self Serve account. Once you have a new SIM card, you can switch to it in the Self Serve account (Profile section).

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @FSyd 

Do NOT order directly from PM. It will take 3 weeks or more. You can purchase directly from Amazon if you have it or go to a local Telus store in your area. Call a head first. Easiest way.

Amazon. 

Then once you get it, then go into your account profile and you can change the SIM there.

KennethJAdams_0-1695490868764.png

Need Help? Let's chat.