cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with new phone

dsilver
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new phone directly from apple. I put in my sim card from my current phone and it does not work. Not sure what to do next.  Simon keeps giving me a link to see if my phone is compatible - but it sends me to a page with no answers.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Did you buy from Apple Canada? I am sure that "any" iPhone from Canada or USA is compatible. 

Was your old phone an iPhone? If yes were you able to set up your new phone by doing a side by side copy of old to new phone?

Make sure SIM is in properly and SIM tray as well. 

Then reboot phone and see if works. 

foreverkayla
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Was your old phone also an Apple?  I know in the past, you couldn't switch from Android to Apple without getting a new SIM (not sure if this changed).  You say you put the SIM from the old phone into the new phone...I'm assuming the SIM was already active and you were using it prior to the switch?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you connect to wifi and go to settings general about to see if any updates happen. Looking for carrier profile.

Is there something about registering the phone to your Apple ID.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@dsilver hi shouldn't be acting up like that but turn off phone reseat your sim reboot also try doing a network reset 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I assume you did open PM account and activate your PM SIM, correct?

Do you see account is Active when you log in?

What kind of message do you get when putting SIM in your new phone?

Did you and can try your SIM in other phone just to confirm service is active and SIM works?

With Apple products it might be a little bit tricky as you might need to register your phone with Apple?

Need Help? Let's chat.