cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plan questions

FT1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I just got a plan for my daughter $25 1GB with unlimited Canada Wide minutes.

Does Unlimited Canada Wide minutes include the long distance charges?  Or is just the minutes used during the call?

I am not expecting to see any long distance charged on my account if I make long distance calls within Canada.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@FT1   Overage is extra charges that can be added if on post paid plans and using service not already covered in your plan.  PM is Public Mobile.  Your daughter will receive a text message when she's used 75% of her data and then again at 95% (I believe).  If she uses up her data before the next renewal, then she will not be able to use anymore data and will need to wait until the next renewal cycle when everything gets reset or purchase add-on data as back up usage.  Add-on data doesn't expire and will stay with the account until depleted and will kick in whenever the available plan data is used up before renewal.

She can only purchase more data, if she has access to the self serve account and payment card. 

edit:  BTW, make sure background data is disabled on her phone and that all updates are done via WIFI to conserve the data.  You can also set data limiter on the phone if needed.

FT1

ok and if I forgot my 4 digit account PIN, how do I get it back?

No nothing easy like that. You need to login to the account to buy data. Or use 611. You need the 4 digit account pin for 611.

FT1

Ok good to know because my other account with Koodo let me purchase more data if I run out, simply by pressing a button.

You prepay for a 30 day period of unlimited calling and texting and the 1gb of data that could run out. If it does then it just stops. Don't let your child login or know the 4 digit account pin in case they do want to go ahead and use your money.

Adding - there will be notifications at 75% and 95% of usage sent as a text to the phone. There might even be a 100%.

FT1

Thank you but what is Overages and what does PM mean, that I paid my monthly bill? 

also if my child uses up her 1GB during the month, will she get a notification to buy more and then I will get charged on my monthly bill?  I do not want her to be able to buy extra data without my authorizatioon.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@FT1   Unlimited Canada wide minutes means no long distance charges.  PM is prepaid, so there are no overages here as you have to first pay for any service being used.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

All calls either in or out are covered. All texts either in or out are covered. You have 1gb of data to use per 30 days. You can buy add-ons for extra data if needed or go up in data plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.