cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a refund for non working us roaming

Rutlandkid321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Original account is Rutlandkid123, for some reason I was unable to login and I am not recieving any emails to reset my password. However besides that point I purchased us roaming while I was in Vegas and it did not work at all. I tried restarting my phone and messing with the settings. I found out others are having the same problem. This service should not be for sale if it does not work. I want a refund. 

edited by computergeek541: miscategorized

22 REPLIES 22

nosnobunny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have contacted Customer Support. Thank you for your help. 

@nosnobunny- I think chat mode also needs the internet. That might be why texting worked when on wifi.

Click on the chatbot link down below to start trying to contact the support people. It could be unpredictable so you might also need to send a private message.

nosnobunny

I had warned all my contacts not to send photos or even use emojis. Normally I have my settings for group but when that didn't work, I changed it to chat. Neither worked. Since I was staying with my daughter, I could access her wifi, no problems there. I would like to ask for a refund but don't know how to go about it.

@nosnobunny- Do you know if the texting app was set to use group or chat options? Were you sending or receiving pictures? Did texting work when connected to wifi? But again, talk is very problematic. 2G on T-Mobile is it.

nosnobunny

No. Both phones are Samsung. I had friends who are IT professionals look at our phones and they couldn't understand why they wouldn't work either.

@nosnobunny- Are those 2 phones iphones? Text should not be any problem using normal SMS. Talk is definitely a problem unless the phone can use 2G and connected to only T-Mobile.

nosnobunny

Me either. I will NEVER purchase an add-on from PM again and am deciding whether or not I want to stay with PM at all. Yes I am angry!

nosnobunny

I just returned from Florida and had the same issue. I purchased Talk and Text options for 2 separate phones. Neither of them worked consistently.  Text messages kept coming up with a "downloading" message only to see that wheel spin forever.  I renewed them after 10 days thinking that maybe it had to be purchased while actually in the US rather than in Canada. That didn't work either. Now I have a bitter taste in my mouth with Public Mobile because I feel I just got ripped off for $60.

@dust2dust wrote:

@AE_Collector- The new system has changed to a cart system where you select the things you want to buy and then pay for what all is in the cart.

Ahh good to know… I wondered if they might have finally fixed this in the new version buypt hadn’t checked to see. Thus ends years of confusion!

@Rutlandkid123 wrote:

I got private messages enabled on my Rutlandkid123 account. Could you message me on that? My Rutlandkid321 account was used because I couls not figure out how to get back into my original

@Rutlandkid321 - just making sure you know you are messaging here in the community forum with other customers and members like yourself. We have no access to your account. 

It is unfortunate you had issues while in the USA with roaming. If any refund/credit is possible, you need to contact public mobile customer support.

One member provided the private message way, but here is how you can contact  Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) by either the 2 methods available, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent.   

SIMon bot is usually the quicker, more efficient and preferred ticking method. If issues that way, proceed with method 2.

@AE_Collector- The new system has changed to a cart system where you select the things you want to buy and then pay for what all is in the cart.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Other possibilities include… are you certain that you actually purchased the roaming add-on? People frequently select the add-on they want and then are directed to add funds. Once they do that the figure they are good to go but since it is prepaid service, one needs to go back (again) and select the add-on AFTER adding the required funds. You most likely would see a credit in “available Funds” on your account if you added the funds but didn’t select the add-on after adding the funds.

thanks @dust2dust 

@Rutlandkid321  @Rutlandkid123   I guess you can open ticket with PM support to request for a refund then.

@softech- Please read the thread. They're home now.

@Rutlandkid321- It would have been more useful to ask questions while you were there.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rutlandkid321 @Rutlandkid123   you should be able to use Roaming in Vega.

did you try to manually connect to T-Mobile and AT&T ?  do not leave it with Automatic, manually connect

Also, if your roaming has data, make sure you enable Roaming Mobile Data

And, if your roaming has Talk component, you should be just connecting to T-Mobile, the phone will then try to use the 2G network for voice 

@Rutlandkid123 

be careful it's not allowed to give Bravo to yourself from other account..

@Rutlandkid321 

when you contact them if any accounts yours miss it info ask them can fix it for you, and keep one email in one account to you getting rewards for same account.

Rutlandkid123

I got private messages enabled on my Rutlandkid123 account. Could you message me on that? My Rutlandkid321 account was used because I couls not figure out how to get back into my original

@Rutlandkid321 

don't worry about it just contact CSA, in my link above
they will check it in your account if you use it or not and them will credit back to your account.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Rutlandkid321 

go to your   Preferences - My settings - Community (publicmobile.ca)

put it on,
Turn on private messages 
Receive email notifications for new private messages 
and press save.

to receive Private Messenger.

Rutlandkid123

Got back into my old account!, but yes I did do that multiple times. I was looking on this board for help from others and that was mentioned. Now that I am back in Canada I have no use for this service. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Rutlandkid321 

do you change network to T-mobile and rebooting device.

contact support team by private message CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.