cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name display

Techie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does PM display your name when you call someone? If not, Can you add this to your account. 

10 REPLIES 10

Build a contacts list....problem fixed. 

Techie

@dust2dust correct - if you’re not in someone’s contact list, then They just see your number only, without any associated name. And if they have a carrier that supports name display, then when they call you, you’ll see their name like you do on a land line phone.  If you choose to store them in your contacts , then The name display will change to what you entered instead of what the carrier sends.  

And of course that you don't have hide your number set on.

I'd be interested in hearing more about incoming "Name Display" mentioned by the earlier member. If the number is in your contacts then the phone would resolve the name. But if not I don't think there's a name to show, just number. So I'm interested to hear more on that.

HI @Techie   same , only number will be sent over, the receiving end will have to have your contact setup on the phone to see the name.   

Techie

@hTideGnow Original post:  “Does PM display your name when you call someone” … so direction: outgoing - when you make a call. 

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Techie   Only the number will be shown, unless it is setup on your contact with a name

I'm unsure which direcrion you're speaking of for a phone call, but for an incoming call, Public Mobile does support the equivalent of "Name Display".

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Techie   Only the number will be shown, unless it is setup on your contact with a name

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If the caller's number is in the recipients contact list...the name will match whatever name the recipient has listed as the name associated with that number.

Otherwise the person getting a call will just see the number, province or even the country of the calls origin.

Be aware that the recidivists are adept at "spoofing" a local number...making it appear the call is from someone in your community.  You might hear how the CRA has an arrest warrant out for you. You might hear that Canada Border agency has arrest warrant for you.

If I don't recognize the calling number...I don't answer the call. If the caller is legit, they'll leave a message to call back. Once the bad guys know your number is active...well...you know what happens next.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I didn't even think of that, but due ot it being a tier 3, no frills option... that very well may be the case and  it isn't an option/feature 

___

No. Not sure if it’s a supported/available option/feature. 

Need Help? Let's chat.