cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Phone

Stu4577
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to find out why my cell was shut off . My wife uses it when she is at the hospital having her chemo treatments . I will put the charges on another credit card if necessary.    Thank You

12 REPLIES 12

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @CountyDownIeUk   while your suggestion is good, I do not think OP needs to get to a point that needs to stop the card yet.   Credit card number can easily generated by card generator program anyway.   Luckily OP didn't disclose name or address or expiry.  Still relatively safe at the moment

So true. I hope @Stu4577  is more diligent  in the future and past. Needs to be more cautious  

@darlicious great idea to just report the post.  

Today is a quiet day , everyone slept in.  The  post was here 2+ hours and no Oracle or CS Agent awares..  

Thanks @darlicious 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

9 minutes not bad....since you are usually first on the scene after asking the OP to edit if the info is very sensitive make a judgement call and just report the post so public exposure is limited.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Stu4577 

You should probably edit your entire post unless a CSA or an oracle gets to it first. At the very least put a watch on your credit card for unusual activity. If you do cancel it have your bank send your new card to your branch. You can pick it up in 3 business days rather than 7 to 10 business days with Canada Post.

HI @CountyDownIeUk   while your suggestion is good, I do not think OP needs to get to a point that needs to stop the card yet.   Credit card number can easily generated by card generator program anyway.   Luckily OP didn't disclose name or address or expiry.  Still relatively safe at the moment

@Stu4577 

Remove your card number. Call TD and put a stop on it and ask for a new number. This is a Public forum and you have just displayed your card number, worldwide. 

HI @Stu4577   You can also go to a store (Shoppers Drug Mart, 7/11, Shell, Loblaws) and get a voucher.  Then use *611 to load the voucher into the account and reactivate the service that way

@Stu4577   please update your post and remove the Visa # , we are just customer here

Go to your post, top left down arrow click Edit Reply and remove the number

To update the credit card, if you have access to My Account, you can do it yourself.  Go to Payment page, manage my card and click Replace this credit card.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Make-a-Payment/

Once new card is entered, you need to make a manual payment.  Go back to Payment page, click One time payment

if you do not have access to My Account, open a ticket with PM Support by direct message and they can update it for you:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Stu4577
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to change my Credit card to T.D VISA #xxxxxxxx . Ihope this solves the problem.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Most likely an autopay failure, going forward (once you sort this one out) You can manually add the funds prior to a renewal so that you avoid this in the future

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Stu4577 

Was your renewal last night? Log in to check your account status or call 611 from your phone. If you suffered an auto pay failure you will need to make a top up payment. Check to make sure your card has not expired and either top up via 611 with your 4 digit account pin # or login to your self serve account and go to the payment page. Choose other amount and top up the difference between your available funds and your plan amount. Confirm and submit your payment. Your plan should automatically reactivate. Log out and reboot.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Stu4577  - what more can you provide for more direct suggestions...?

First, does it show ACTIVE in your self serve account?

If Active, try:

If it is Suspended status, you will need to make a manual payment

If your plan still does not reactivate / resume and it shows $0 owing, try adding a $1 top-up payment. 

Or try

1. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  2. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  3. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  4. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  5. Log off your account. Log back in. Reboot your phone.

If still issues reactivating the plan, ask CSA for assistance.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.