cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO US service

KIMIAKI
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

MY plan is Canada and US. There is no service in the US when i was working yesterday. I change my carrier 2days ago because i needed GPS in the US for work.  

5 REPLIES 5

Bishop36

I have dealt with this problem before. Restart your phone, turn on roaming and set your preference to 4G/LTE as the 5G will not work everywhere especially outside metropolitans. Best of luck.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@KIMIAKI   If you're using Google Maps for navigation you can download the map area on wifi or cellular data at home to use later when there's no internet connection.  It should know where you are but you wouldn't get live traffic info or anything that needs a current live connection.  I'm assuming the phone can still detect where you are if you're in the US so that might be worth a try as back-up just in case although the suggestions already given should get data working for you.

KIMIAKI

I will try them as i work tomorrow. Thank you so much for the help.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @KIMIAKI 

did you try to manually connect to T-Mobile and AT&T ? one of them should work, and you might to test the other one if one does not work (So, don't use Automatic, use Manual connection and pick the one)

and make sure you don't use 5G, better to use 4G or LTE

of course, you need to turn on Roaming Mobile data 

Neil11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You're still roaming when you're in the US, but it's included in your plan so there are no extra charges. You'll want to:

1) Turn Data Roaming ON

2) Set Network Selection to AUTOMATIC

3) Set Preferred Network to 4G/LTE (because roaming on AT&T 5G doesn't work)

Need Help? Let's chat.