cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE IN THE USA!|!

Daniella3d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, my boyfriend is in the USA for a month now, and he has absolutely no service anywhere ! He is with his friend who have no problem getting a service! Both have an Iphone 6s with the same IOS, but we are on the PM Canada/USA plan and his friend is with Freedom. So what the heck is going on ?  

He has roaming enabled and on LTE. How do we make this work ? one month is a freaking long time without a phone !

7 REPLIES 7

KZ1964
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you or your husband want to call other people then use textnow.  Its free and you just chose a number.  With whatsapp anyone you want to contact has to have whatsapp also thats the only downfall with whatsapp

@Daniella3d  Yes what’s app is free to use but both parties need to have it installed 

Daniella3d
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is whatsapp free to use ?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Daniella3d 

Is all service not working?

As mentioned, your bodata and texting should be working fine with your boyfriend's iphone 6.  Unfortunately, unable to use talk services while roaming in the US.

Here is some more troubleshooting advice:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/us-roaming-troubleshooting

KZ1964
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My husband and I are with PM and are currently in the States.  My husbands phone is not on the whitelist so downloaded the textnow app which he uses to make phone calls.  His data and text works normally.  My phone is on the whitelist and everything works as if Im in Canada.  We both have roaming on and switch automatically and put toggle on LTE or lower 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Daniella3d 

iPhone 6 won't work in US any longer as it's not been volte enabled by PM...as already pointed out above. Have you both downloaded WhatsApp ? If so, you can talk with each other using local wifi or separately his PM plan data.

ed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Daniella3d  

it may be that PM does not support voLTE to the iPhone 6s if that’s the case phone calls won’t work 

here’s the list of voLTE supported phone with PM 

VoLTE white list

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Need Help? Let's chat.