cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone won’t port

Ripper76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m am new and trying to set up my account. I am in limbo. Phone hasn’t ported number from previous provider. So I am in limbo, can’t use new account nor old

3 REPLIES 3

JArnold
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree with what Softech wrote here. The same happened to me and I had to contact the PM Porting telephone number to ask them to request of my old provider that they send me the text again to request if I agree with porting .  You reply YES. Porting was then done, however with the delay the Sim I had bought when I signed up and used a QR code had either expired or didn’t work. 
I had to go back to the PM Website and purchase a second eSIM. after I did this. I shut down my phone and when I turned it on again, everything worked. Lastly, I submitted a ticket to PM about having to purchase a second eSIM and they reimbursed me. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ripper76 

Did You use the PM app on your phone to complete the porting process?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ripper76 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls work, then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.