cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone doesn't have MMSC proxy in APN setting, can't receive photos or videos via text

Gingerwolf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone doesn't have MMSC proxy in APN setting, can't receive photos or videos via text

No sure what to do

10 REPLIES 10

HI @Nini12 

what phone do you have?

did you try update your APN to :

APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220

Nini12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem, I can use the internet and everything. Just can't receive photos or group texts or any other media via text other than messages. Have you find a solution? I tried everything that had been suggest but it still doesn't work.

PhoneHome8932
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You could use a texting app until you fix the problem. 

Text+ or TextNow , Google chat , imessage and many others could work for you.

Gingerwolf

This is what i've input to the best of my ability and it still doesn't work. https://apn.how/ca/public-mobile/sony-xperia-xz1

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Gingerwolf , do you see MMS proxy field.  There might a typo with referring to MMSC proxy.  

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried to reset network settings?

If that doesn't work, can you add a new APN in settings? If you can't add or edit APN, try borrowing a Freedom SIM card from a friend or their stores. Freedom sims should “unlock” the ability to add or edit APNs. After you added the proper PM apn test it out with your own SIM.

Gingerwolf

sony xperia zx1, data is on, I can use the internet and everything. Just can't receive photos or group texts or any other media via text other than messages

Gingerwolf

sony xperia zx1, data is on, I can use the internet and everything. Just can't receive photos or group texts or any other media via text other than messages

Gingerwolf

Yes data is on

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What phone are you using?

Does your data work? You need to have mobile data turned on for MMS to work (it won't count against your data usage).

Need Help? Let's chat.