cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone cant receive any verification code when i log in to my CRA etc...

MYCHEF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Good day!

Since I change to Public mobile, when i logged in to my other account and needs an sms message for my verification code, i cant receive any sms message.

Please help me out to solve this issue.

Thanks  a lot!

Sincerely,

Eden

5 REPLIES 5

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@MYCHEF wrote:

Hello,

Good day!

Since I change to Public mobile, when i logged in to my other account and needs an sms message for my verification code, i cant receive any sms message.

Please help me out to solve this issue.

Thanks  a lot!

Sincerely,

Eden

Did you change your phone number to bank or CRA online or call them to change? Make sure they have your correct phone number.

@treefrog wrote:

@DennyCrane 

Something like this....

Platform workflow

1. The banks are connected to different mobile operators through a VPN connection so that all traffic is secure.
  2. The online banking system conducts a REST API query to the respective mobile operator giving the mobile number (MSISDN) and the period (24-72 hours) as arguments.
  3. The mobile operator simply returns in real time: True or False.
  4. If the query is False, the bank allows the transaction as normal. If True, the bank blocks the transaction and may request additional steps to verify the transaction.

That doesn't mean the bank or CRA knew the clients have changed their mobile phone number. For my understanding I have to login to bank or CRA to change my contact phone number or email address. 

Suppose I changed my phone number and email address, but I didn't change them online or call bank or CRA to change them, then bank or CRA will send me 2FA code to the old phone number and old email address that they have in their files.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@DennyCrane 

Something like this....

Platform workflow

1. The banks are connected to different mobile operators through a VPN connection so that all traffic is secure.
  2. The online banking system conducts a REST API query to the respective mobile operator giving the mobile number (MSISDN) and the period (24-72 hours) as arguments.
  3. The mobile operator simply returns in real time: True or False.
  4. If the query is False, the bank allows the transaction as normal. If True, the bank blocks the transaction and may request additional steps to verify the transaction.

Really? How does CRA or the bank know you ported your number?

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MYCHEF 

How long ago did you switch to public mobile? 2FA verification codes from financial institutions and the CRA take 48 to 72 hours to be forwarded to your new carrier for protection against fraud. Some institutions can take up to 7 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.