cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My payment was accepted. Why won't my plan activate?

Irate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last month I had to suspend my account because my phone was stolen. Today I bought a new sim card for a new phone, and reactivated my account. I received a text saying my payment had been received, and my account shows a surplus  balance and zero dollars owing. Yet, 5 hours later, I still have no service...what is going on here?

10 REPLIES 10

@Irate wrote:

So, that's interesting. It now says that I have $3 account credit, meaning my $40 payment has processed. But, it says  my plan is expired. As of June 25, 2022. Which of course is a month away from now ... 

Screenshot_20220525-212011.png

@Irate  - The Top up before Sept. (3 months later makes sense when showing expired). But, it is weird to see "Your plan expired on Jun 25, 2022". It made me look at today's date; and I thought I missed a whole month there for a second. 

If your services are not working, check that the new phone you obtained is not locked to its previous provider, or not listed as blacklisted:  https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If your services are working then, does the message now say Active today?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Irate 

That's not strange at all if you use lost/stolen on a regular basis to self suspend. It can take hours or sometimes days for your overview page to update. As long as your services work and the counters on the overview page are working then It will fix itself eventually.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

This happens periodically. Are your services working? If so then ignore it and it will sort itself out eventually. If you need to buy add-ons then you would need to clear it up. But otherwise let the services work.

@Irate wrote:

So, that's interesting. It now says that I have $3 account credit, meaning my $40 payment has processed. But, it says  my plan is expired. As of June 25, 2022. Which of course is a month away from now ... 

That's a strange one.  I wonder if Public Mobile's clock/calendar is set incorrectly.  I ask because long ago, Pubilc Mobile started erroneously sending all customers text messages in the middle of the night, an issue which still hasn't been fixed.

Irate

Irate

Thanks all, I am thinking the 'lost stolen phone' button was the key here... I clicked on it and it said "your request has been submitted". Hopefully that does the trick,because just clicking on the "reactivate plan" button did not work...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Irate 

Did you remove the Lost/Stolen status on your account?

Did you add your new SIM to your account by clicking on Replace SIM card?

Once you have updated the info on your account, reboot your phone by holding down your power button and power off then power the phone back on.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Irate 

If your account is suspended via lost/stolen and you add a payment thru 611 or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your 10 digit phone number the system will take your payment but it will not automatically reactivate because of lost/stolen being enabled. It should automatically reactivate once you resume your service.

If you are  on the old rewards program you may have to contact customer support to manually apply your rewards.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @Irate    What is showing in your Available Fund?  is it showing the full amount you just pay?

did you go back to resume your service:

( go back to Plan and Add-ons Tab, click on Lost/Stolen Phone, then Resume/Reactivate Service.)  ?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

In you self serve do you see a reactivate plan button in the top right? Once your account is suspended it won't automatically apply the funds to get your account running again. You have to do it manually. Once you do that, you restart your phone and you should be good to go

Need Help? Let's chat.