cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My own caller ID shows as unknown - how to change that?

Jabaal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Although it is activated in my phone's settings, my caller ID/number does not show when I call others. How do I change that?

Often times people do not answer my calls or their spam filter does not let me call them due to my hidden number.

Thank you for your time.

7 REPLIES 7

Jabaal

@Imvc wrote:

It could also be under "Supplementary services" under Call Settings. 

On my Z2 Force it is located under my dialers settings in the native Google phone app:

Settings

Calling accounts

Telus (thats what it shows for my public Mobile SIM)

Additional settings

But as I wrote: this was set on "number displayed on outgoing calls" all along.

Jabaal

After using the code (it said not restricted) I got suspicious why it still showed no number/ID on my wife's or on my friends phone. (So thank you for this tip with the code).

The weird thing is - it just happens on their phones. Both use a Huawei and have a Rogers contract from their employer. On the other hand there are others that use Rogers with Huawei that do not have the same problem.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Imvc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It could also be under "Supplementary services" under Call Settings. 

MickeyMoose01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It all depends what brand of phone you have. I own a Google Pixel 2 and from the home screen I follow these directions. 

1. Tap the Phone icon.
  2. Tap the Menu icon.
  3. Tap Settings.
  4. Tap Calls.
  5. Tap Additional Settings.
  6. Tap Caller ID.
  7. Tap your Caller ID preference.

These direction works on multiple phone that is powered by Android.Smiley Very Happy

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Normally public mobile does not restrict outgoing caller id, and the default cannot be changed.

Outgoing caller ID can be blocked by preceeding call phone numbers with #31#. Your dialer app may have its own setting to block outgoing caller ID which essentially automatically preceeds all calls with #31# under the hood.

Try this code in your dialer to confirm current network outgoing caller id setting:

*#31#

Mine says Current: not restricted, Next call: not restricted.

So, to force 1 call to allow outgoing caller ID, preceed it with *31#

*31#aaabbbccc

See what happens if you try that.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Jabaal wrote:

Although it is activated in my phone's settings, my caller ID/number does not show when I call others. How do I change that?

Often times people do not answer my calls or their spam filter does not let me call them due to my hidden number.

Thank you for your time.

Are you using the native calling app? Please check the app setting as well.

Is there another phone you can try with your PM SIM card? Does it have the same caller ID issue?

With Public Mobile, you caller ID should be enabled by default. If you believe this is not the case, you can contact Moderators to investigate (or possibly reset your account).

To submit a ticket: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jabaal 

Public mobile usually will show your phone number as outgoing call (not your name).  Likely due to one of your settings in your phone.  Which model phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.