cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iphone was stolen

xould
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi .  today my iphone 6splus was stolen. 

1.But I want to know how to find this.

2.And wonder If I suspended service, and later I buy a new phone, is the DATA PROMOTION keep staying?

3.Also, If I buy a new sim card,can I regain my original phone information?

Please help me asap

9 REPLIES 9

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Go to your nearest Walmart and purchase a new Public Mobile SIM card. 

To update your account with the new SIM card:

Log on to self-serve -> Plan and Add-ons -> Change SIM card

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xould, you can't have it both ways. That said, I don't think the account needs to be active for you to be able to track the location with Apple's find my phone, as @Luddite suggested.

wrote:

But when I suspend, is it ok not to suspend receiving call? Because if stealer have a chance to receive a call, i think I can find.

If you suspend your plan it will cut all services to the phone, including incoming calls and texts.

xould

But when I suspend, is it ok not to suspend receiving call? Because if stealer have a chance to receive a call, i think I can find.

matbasm

Absolutely, you can keep the same phone number.  You simply need to go into your account and update your SIM card information.

xould

can I keep my phone number? when I buy the sim card

Try logging into your iCloud account. You may be able to locate it or, at least, disable it. https://www.icloud.com/find

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

matbasm

And, if you follow the procedure outlined by @NDesai, you will keep your same plan with promotion.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Sorry to hear that. 

First thing you should do is that login to your self-serve account and suspend the service by reporting your phone as Lost/Stolen. Go to Plan and add-on > Lost/stolen phone.

Note: your plan days continues to run since its a prepaid service. So if you suspend it now, don't expect that it will keep the remaining days on your plan until you get a new phone. 

You might be able to locate your phone if it is still turned on and you had it set up with Apples find your phone service. 

When you get a new phone, you will need to purchase a new PM sim card. When you get the sim card, just update the sim card number from your self-serve account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.