cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My current plan is now $5/month cheaper

scharfg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m currently paying $30/month.

i see my same plan is now $25/month with a 500mb data bonus.

how do I update my plan to save $$$?

i looked buti coukd not find it....

guy. 

17 REPLIES 17

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@geopublic wrote:

@missorange wrote:

you can make the plan change from self account memu, choose $25 with data on the next renewal cycle, you will not loose your money.

@scharfg  With all the recent reported issues regarding scheduled plan changes + AutoPay problems my advice to you would be to not rely on a scheduled plan change. My recommendation would be one or two days before your plan is up for renewal to fund you account with $25.00 and then do an immediate plan change. That way you avoid the recent problems with scheduled plan changes not being processed. Smiley Happy

@geopublic 

I plan to do this. Great advice Woman LOL

scharfg

Great news, competition Rocks!!

Thanks agsin!

scharfg

Thank you for the tip!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker 

Thanks muchly for all that.

It had been my understanding around here that changing the plan to a more expensive plan and using autopay worked fine but that changing to a lesser cost plan and using autopay has sometimes been a problem.

I've only changed once going down and that was with Available Funds.

So I was looking for clarification on which one has been reported as being any kind of problem.

@Anonymous wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@missorange wrote:

you can make the plan change from self account memu, choose $25 with data on the next renewal cycle, you will not loose your money.

@scharfg  With all the recent reported issues regarding scheduled plan changes + AutoPay problems my advice to you would be to not rely on a scheduled plan change. My recommendation would be one or two days before your plan is up for renewal to fund you account with $25.00 and then do an immediate plan change. That way you avoid the recent problems with scheduled plan changes not being processed. Smiley Happy

This very good advice.  I recommend this also.

@stonechucker: Could you clarify that this is for plan changes going down? I had understood that plan changes going up were not a problem.

I know you don't like to be beckoned...:) Thanks.

...up/down in cost.

You know what, I honestly don't recall everyone's experience, but my first change in a plan by 'next renewal date' was from 30-day to 90-day, and it was small cost to higher cost.

My autopay took the higher cost (I did not top up ahead of time) for the 90-day plan, but it renewed my 30-day and left me the remainder in Available balance.  I required moderator assistance to fix the issue.

My second plan change using the next renewal date was a change only in plan data amount (the Fall 2016 promo). The cycle length and plan cost were identical.  This one worked without an issue.

Other than that, the only way that *should* make it work as expected is topping up the full cost of a plan prior to the payment date and time listed for payment due, and then perform a manual 'immediate' change on the payment date (prior to noon ET) or before.  Rewards may or may not be used during the change, but if not use, should remain available for the next cycle.

Going from 90- to 30-day cycle will reduce expected forward rewards based on 30-day intervals as cycle rewards are forward-looking, and community rewards will remain or be used as regular, as they are based on calendar month issuances.

I hope this helps explain things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@missorange wrote:

@stonechucker: Could you clarify that this is for plan changes going down? I had understood that plan changes going up were not a problem.

I know you don't like to be beckoned...:) Thanks.

...up/down in cost.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@scharfg I made that jump also from the $30 to the $25.  Was so happy to see more cost savings options.  Ya just remember to set it to change at your next renewal/cycle so you don;t lose the money you already paid for the $30.

@geopublic wrote:

@missorange wrote:

@missorange wrote:

scharfg

Great thank you!

scharfg

Awesome thanks!

scharfg

Great thank you!!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can change your plan in the self serve account but then you would lose any awards and any unused minutes and data.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Hi you just go into your account under plan change pick the plan you want press change on renewell date cheers

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@scharfg 

In your self service account, you can do a plan change.  Two choices either immediately (you will lose remaining part of original plan) or at next renewal.  

There is Change plan tab on the overview page in your self service account, by the My plan details section

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi, log onto your Self-Serve account and make the changes there.

Go to "My Plan & Add-ons", click on "Change Plan" button

Select the plan you want and click on it.
Scroll down and click on "Change on next renewal date"

You're all set for your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.