cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bill doubled last month & can't figure out why

KeithMann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My bill has been less than $7 per month for over 2 years.  Suddenly last month, it is $14.56 with no explanation!  Did this happen to anyone else & could you figure out why? 

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

@Robotz   Nobody's plan has been changed, it's just that you are now charged the original amount of your plan without automatic deduction of $ rewards.  Going forward you will be able to deduct $ from your bill or buy add ons by redeeming the points.  Your plan does not change unless you change it.

Robotz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes. Exactly the same situation for me. I see now that the plan I was on is no longer available and everyone was moved over to the new plans. 

@KJ7  You might want to look at the Telus $100 a year plan.

KJ7

thanks eddie0 nope no notification of any kind just $16.95 last month, then again this month. was  a surprise to me since I don't do ANYTHING on cell except  texts maybe 10-20/month and maybe one 5 min call, and I was on the $15/month for that reason - so like everything else $$$ = UP UP UP

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey @KJ7, for those of you that were on the old reward system this change does suck. You should have received an email and/or text message from PM a few months ago advising the change would take place in May.

KJ7

Hi, yes me was paying just over $12 now last month and this one it's $16.95 - no explanation ? sucks

Ovenpilot1

Much appreciated for pointing this out, I do not pay much attention to the programs, just a basic use that was happy with paying $18/month without having to mess with anything. Again thanks

@Ovenpilot1

are you on the $25 plan??  if so, there is now a $19 plan with 1GB, exact same plan as the old $25  plan but better, with 4G speed.  It is $6 cheaper, a way for you to get the lost rewards money back.   You can login My Account and use Change on Renewal to schedule a plan change 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I kind of came out on the other side about even.  I took advantage of the plan deals earlier in the year and saved about $5-$6 per line.  The reward system change resulted in a net impairment of about the same, lost $7 on autopay and loyalty, gained about $1.50 in points.  I think the change had the greatest impact on those with the $15 plan as there was no opportunity to get a cheaper plan.  

Ovenpilot1

All I can see is the my bill has gone from $18 to $28 dollars per month and after two months on the new plan I have 4 redeemable points. Looks like a significant rate increase.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey @KeithMann, with the change to the points system all customers will pay the full amount up front, the $2 auto pay discount has been replaced with 5% Points-Back from every payment (less taxes), the monthly loyalty discount is now replaced with 10 points given once a year on your anniversary. You can earn extra points with the Refer-a-Friend and with Give Back (from 1 point up to 20 points by contributing in the Public Mobile Community).  Public Points can be redeemed towards a $15 bill credit (requires 15 points), or for ad-ons like international long distance minutes, more data, etc (starting at 5 points and up). The $15 bill credits will not happen automatically, you’ll need to redeem your points in your account manually add them for your next bill. Unfortunately, there is no opt-out option for the new points system.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This happened to everyone who was still on the old rewards program. The old rewards program has been shut down and you are now paying full price for your plan instead of receiving automatic monthly bill discounts for loyalty, autopay and referrals. You have been automatically switched over to the new points-based reward program, which will have you paying more.

For more information check out this help article explaining the change to the new program: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

You can also check out the announcement post from back in March: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...

Need Help? Let's chat.