cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My US talk Plan is not working

tassonc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Community,

I changed my plan (previously $40.00) to include US talk; this service costs $50.00. I live in Canada and did not need US Talk in the past, but my son moved down to Texas so I needed to add US talk to my plan and did so on August 13th. The new plan has been activated, but when I try calling my son in the US the call will not go through. It says ... UT1.

Thanks for any help. Public Mobile has worked fine in the past, but this is very frustrating. 

18 REPLIES 18

tassonc

I have been trying other US numbers and they seem to be working fine. It is just the 346 area code that my son has that does not seem to be working.

tassonc

The area code I am trying to call is (346)

tassonc

Thanks but those digits do not apply to the number I am trying to call.

tassonc

No they didn't. I wish!

tassonc

Both my phone and my husbands SIM cards are fine. We are both having the same problem trying to call our son and we both have public mobile and we both changed our plans at the same time. This is so weird.

@tassonc 

I take it a CSA solved your issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tassonc wrote:

I have not had any success calling. 

@tassonc 

by the way do you have another device can you test your SIM card on.

tassonc

I have not had any success calling. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tassonc wrote:

I appreciate the help, but that did not work.

@tassonc 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tassonc wrote:

Hello Community,

I changed my plan (previously $40.00) to include US talk; this service costs $50.00. I live in Canada and did not need US Talk in the past, but my son moved down to Texas so I needed to add US talk to my plan and did so on August 13th. The new plan has been activated, but when I try calling my son in the US the call will not go through. It says ... UT1.

Thanks for any help. Public Mobile has worked fine in the past, but this is very frustrating. 

@tassonc 

That would be frustrating. Have you had any success calling the number(s) you are trying to call before?

Try:

*rebooting your phone

*toggling into airplane mode, than back again

*perform a RESET of your NETWORK SETTINGS on your devices

If this and other suggestions are not helping you could inquire with CSA to see if all is okay with the numbers you are trying to reach, and your new plan.

Two methods to contact CSA found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@tassonc 

You basically get the same service as telus or koodo except calls go thru the 3G network vs the 4G LTE network. This was more common last year at the height of lockdown. There may be an outage or the 3G network in your area is just exceptionally busy at the moment. See this.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Message-quot-2UT1-All-circuits-are-bu...

tassonc

Thanks for your help!

I thought that as well, but I have been trying all day and I get the same message. The same thing is happening with my husband's phone, because we both changed our plans to include US talk. If what you are saying is true this must mean that public mobile has bad service to the US? Our son has been calling us from Texas multiple times with no problems.

tassonc

I changed my plan for the renewal date, not immediately. And the renewal date happened on August 15th. I have already been charged the new plan price and therefore it is already activated. 

tassonc

I appreciate the help, but that did not work.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@tassonc  Just in case it matters; "Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@tassonc 

UT1 message means all circuits are busy. Try your call again later and it should go thru without a problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tassonc 

and also when you Change Your Plan for next plan renewal date, 

or you did choose to change your plan immediately,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tassonc 

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the country code,

Sometimes there are some extra leading zero's in country codes and "foreign" area codes.

Maybe try not using leading zeros.

Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

do one thing rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.