cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Funds Being Held Hostage, Account Refused to Reactivate.

kzkai1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have submitted tickets on the issue over 24 hours ago with no response, hopefully some of the privileged few who are lucky enough to be graced by the Customer Avoidance Agent team's communication can get the message across.

Yesterday, I had topped up my account via credit card to reactivate it. The payment went through, PM was happy to take the money out of my bank account but not so keen on reactivating my service. They held my money in limbo as it was no where to be seen on my account until later that day where it was later added to My Funds. When I try to reactivate my account with the money from My Funds, the successful payment screen shows up and I get my receipt. However, when I check my account, I find that My Funds are still in my account and my account has not reactivated (and I did wait over 30 minutes for the "change to reflect on my account" before you ask.).

Once again, I have submitted almost three tickets on the issue now, the first one going out about over 24 hours ago. No response. What else can I do? PM has taken my money but I have not received any service. I've been scammed. Anyone on the edge of choosing PM as their provider reading this, pick any other carrier. Seriously.

17 REPLIES 17

@dust2dust wrote:

@LitlLdy- A customer posted earlier in another thread. It's an old known "trick" to give the account a boost. The problem is that the new system doesn't allow small custom amounts when the balance is less than the plan cost. But in this recent stupid glitch, people have a balance of at least their plan cost. Earlier in the glitch period, amounts were disappearing. Then they showed up. So the $1 comes back in to play as an easy least cost method.

@dust2dust , I’ve read that suggestion before that other Customers have tried it & it worked for them! I have also read that some others use lost / stolen mode to get it working but sometimes that has a glitch! Most of the time we’re our own tech support! I have learned more in this forum than I have from any CSA!

@LitlLdy- A customer posted earlier in another thread. It's an old known "trick" to give the account a boost. The problem is that the new system doesn't allow small custom amounts when the balance is less than the plan cost. But in this recent stupid glitch, people have a balance of at least their plan cost. Earlier in the glitch period, amounts were disappearing. Then they showed up. So the $1 comes back in to play as an easy least cost method.

@dust2dust wrote:

@Chrislan001- Did you try the idea of adding another $1?

@dust2dust , thank you! That was a good suggestion. You suggested that 1 hr ago!

It’s crazy that something that simple made it work! There’s way to many glitches with this company!

@Chrislan001 wrote:

i just seen that and yes adding another 1$ did work. its mindblowing that people had to trouble shoot and find their own solution for a company as big as this!! i understand the entire self serve bullcrap, but when it comes to messing with peoples money, get a **bleep** human on the line!

@Chrislan001 , thank goodness something finally worked! Hopefully the one that created this post @kzkai1 will try that also!

Yes, I agree with you! Sorry 😕

Chrislan001

i just seen that and yes adding another 1$ did work. its mindblowing that people had to trouble shoot and find their own solution for a company as big as this!! i understand the entire self serve bullcrap, but when it comes to messing with peoples money, get a **bleep** human on the line!

@Chrislan001 wrote:

the issue isnt on the phone, its the system.... as it sits right now, im showing 40$ balance in my public mobile account... account suspended status, i click reactivate account and go through steps to checkout, confirm payment and print receipt as confirmation.... click return to my account, and its still in suspended status, 40$ balance still showing on account...... the money was taken from my credit card to top up the showing 40$, but the system wont put the payment on plan and reactivate...... dont mather what you do on a phone in this scenario... the issue is system related 100%

@Chrislan001 , sorry I’m not much help. When signing in with browser in private / incognito mode some Customers have activated lost/stolen mode in account, sign out then back in remove it & select reactivate but I haven’t tried that!

@Chrislan001- Did you try the idea of adding another $1?

Chrislan001

the issue isnt on the phone, its the system.... as it sits right now, im showing 40$ balance in my public mobile account... account suspended status, i click reactivate account and go through steps to checkout, confirm payment and print receipt as confirmation.... click return to my account, and its still in suspended status, 40$ balance still showing on account...... the money was taken from my credit card to top up the showing 40$, but the system wont put the payment on plan and reactivate...... dont mather what you do on a phone in this scenario... the issue is system related 100%

@Chrislan001 wrote:

simon

which led me to ticket creation page

@Chrislan001 , ok. It says it can take up to 48 hours for a response.

I know it’s very frustrating & disappointing. Having working phone service is crucial for me especially having life alert so I understand being very upset & fed up. We pay for it so it should work.

Edit: Even when my service is paid for & active I’ve had to reset network settings & reboot my phone to get Public Mobile phone services working a few times a week! Sometimes turn phone off & remove SIM card for 20 minutes then put SIM card back in & turn phone back on! Yes, it gets frustrating not having working phone service.

I’ve seen numerous times that my account will say suspended yet my phone service works so theres definitely some glitches here!

Edit again for clarity!

Chrislan001

simon

which led me to ticket creation page

@Chrislan001 wrote:

im well over 24 hrs now with my ticket

@Chrislan001 , which method did he use to create a support ticket? Through SIMon or private message to CSA? Private message takes longer.

Chrislan001

im well over 24 hrs now with my ticket

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm sure you're loathe to give this place more money but it seems like someone else did a manual payment of a $1 and that got things going again. Try it. It's a buck.

@Chrislan001 , I understand your frustration. He submitted a support ticket to CSA for help over 24 hours ago?

Chrislan001

this is absolutly ridiculous, im in the same boat, my son has been waiting for this issue to resolve for well over 24hrs, i have receipts showing payment made and account supposed to be active---yet it always shows him as suspended..... funny how they have no problem taking money from our bank or credit cards...... but dont move very quick when OUR money is stuck in THEIR account.... for those who dont know,,,, public mobile is owned by telus..... parent companies need to take ownership and step up, especially if their gonna leave money in limbo like this..... im gonna start blasting on social media soon, eventually telus will eventually take notice and listen

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@kzkai1 , I wouldn’t suggest submitting multiple tickets due to the fact it will take longer to get a response back from a CSA! It doesn’t bump you up in the line. They respond back to support tickets in order received. Is this about the post you created on here yesterday “Topped up an hour ago and account still shows as suspended, No Service” Unfortunately we can’t do it for you. Which method did you use to submit a support ticket? Through SIMon or private message to a CSA? Private message takes longer.

Edit: As per their website they say:

Customer Support Agents Hours Of Operation

When Are Customer Support Agents Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kzkai1 

there seemed to be a process glitch yesterday with the Payment / Renewal process...as you know !

Some are reporting success with rebooting the phone while others (like you) haven't been so fortunate.

All anyone can suggest is to restart the phone occasionally in hopes it works this time...until a CSA person can help you. If it's been 24 hours, I'd send another request for help.

Try removing and reinstalling sim.

Try cycling Airplane mode ON then OFF.

Not what you wanna hear, but until the renewal process is repaired, that's all you can do for now.

Need Help? Let's chat.