cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 7 plus calling issues

chasolive1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Within the last few weeks my spouses iphone 7 plus suddenly could not make long distance calls, and local calls are seemingly random. Apple checked the phone and says its fine. We reset the phones network connections and even switched sim cards from my iphone 8 plus and the problem persists. I have no issues with calls from my phone. I noticed that the carrier setting versions are different between the iphone 7 and 8. Has support for the iphone 7 carrier settings been discontinued?

10 REPLIES 10

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
  1. You must have an iPhone 8 or newer (The following iPhone models are not VoLTE compatible: iPhone 8 A1863, iPhone 8 Plus A1864, iPhone X A1865)
  2. Your iPhone should be using iOS 13.x. or newer
  3. Enable LTE by opening Settings, selecting Mobile Data, and then choosing the enable LTEoption
  4. Turn on VoLTE, by selecting Mobile DataVoice & Data and toggle VoLTE to on
  5. Once you have completed the steps above, run a power cycle on your iPhone

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

iPhone 7 is now outdated.

chasolive1

Thanks to all. An account reset fixed the calling issues.

chasolive1

Thanks. The carrier setting did not offer an update after following the recommended steps. I have opened a ticket that will hopefully resolve the issue.

That could be a separate problem. What country are you trying to call?

chasolive1

Thanks. We have bonus international minutes that were working up until recently. I have opened a ticket.

chasolive1

Thanks. I have opened a ticket.

ShariFawn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Based on the information provided, it is possible that the issue with your spouse's iPhone 7 Plus is related to the carrier settings.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@chasolive1 

You said making long distance calls, do you have proper long distance addon?  which country are you trying to call?

since you already tried on another iPhone and same issue, I suggest you to open ticket with PM support and have them reset the account:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account): click this  Chatbot Ticket Link 

Then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" to open the ticket submission page
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@chasolive1 

There could be a provisional/backend issue with the SIM so submit a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of the page or private message on the envelope icon above.

Please note that CS_Agent staff hours are from 6:00am to 10:00pm so they might not get back to you tonight but contact them anyway and they will private message you tomorrow.

Need Help? Let's chat.