cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Esim won't activate and now I have no phone service.

amaryah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried the QR code but it won't activate and now I can't make phone calls or texts!

how can I fix this quickly ???

4 REPLIES 4

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @amaryah

I would suggest submitting a ticket to customer support to that they can investigate the issue. Explain to them what you are currently experiencing. Here is the link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Once you submit your ticket, check back on your community inbox every so often for a response. Seeing as there are high ticket volumes at the moment, the response might be delayed so submit the ticket as soon as possible. Thanks

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@amaryah 

Check your SIM manager or Cellular screen to confirm if there is a PM esim there.  If so, enable it and check if it connects to PM network

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @amaryah,

From https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/get-help/articles/esim-faqs

What should I do if the eSIM download fails?

If the eSIM installation fails, you have the option to retry the download up to three times. If the issue persists after three attempts, you will have the option to contact a Customer Support Agent for further assistance.

To address this concern, please contact Public Mobile's customer support. You can submit a ticket to a customer support agent using this link. They should be able to provide guidance and assistance in resolving the problem.

Note that they are currently overwhelmed by all of the Black Friday tickets, so it may take up to 24 hours to get a response. Be patient.

Best of luck, and I hope your eSIM issue gets sorted out soon! 🙂

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@amaryah wrote:

I tried the QR code but it won't activate and now I can't make phone calls or texts!

how can I fix this quickly ???

@amaryah , if your eSIM installed but just won’t activate please try these steps below that worked for mine.

Reboot your phone.

In cellular settings make sure that “Turn On This Line “ (for iPhone ) is selected. (I am not positive where the setting is on a different phone to turn it on, possibly ‘Turn on your eSIM under Mobile Network’), reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Need Help? Let's chat.