cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Duplicate Payments

EdmondKuan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey I got charged 5 extra times for my plan. This is from 2 different credit card statements. Is there any solution other than talking with my bank? Do I wait for an agent to message me back, or is there something I can do on my account?

EdmondKuan_0-1699579679815.png

EdmondKuan_1-1699579697367.png

11 REPLIES 11

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@EdmondKuan wrote:

So I'm going to reach out to the two banks to reverse every $38.42 payment except the earliest one because I'm assuming that's the one that went through

I don't think you can assume the first one went through, I would equally argue it was the last one that worked. If you can stand it, you might want to wait until formal CC statement is issued and see if any fell off. I realize your screenshot doesn't show any as pending, but I find with some merchants (and some cards) the pending come off when the charge appears, while in others the pending will sit there for several days right next to the actual charge. The latter is very annoying, and I blame the bank not the merchant. 🙂

Hope this works itself out and you don't have to do anything traumatic.

I think that would be very risky on your working account. Unless there's a way to get the actual internal transaction number from here and then give that to the bank and they can skip that one. I don't know if that's possible from here though.

EdmondKuan

I just joined Public like 2 weeks ago on the $34/month plan. I was having trouble getting my payment to go through during the signup process, so I was trying multiple times between 2 different cards. I'm guessing that's what caused multiple payments to go through, but these additional payments never/still haven't showed up on my account so I thought only one payment went through until I looked at my credit card statements. So I'm going to reach out to the two banks to reverse every $38.42 payment except the earliest one because I'm assuming that's the one that went through

Be very careful with that. You need to have them selectively choose the exact transactions and to leave your exact transactions. If they just blow out everything then you will have the hassle mentioned. I don't know if they can be selective or whether they just do the whole set of charges.

A stupid thing with the software that the support can use is that for some incredible reason they have never been able to tell customers where else their credit card is being used. They can't seem to find the credit card being used elsewhere to then ask you if they're legit. Stupid. Incredible.

What plan are you on? That's $34 before tax you're being charged. Are you on that plan? Or have dollar rewards?
Did you have problems when you signed up? How long have these charges been going on? Are they every month?

EdmondKuan

Yeah they said I only have 1 payment made on my account, and that I didn't have any more payments go through on my account. So now I have to reach out to both of my banks to get all the additional payments reversed. Almost $200 gone   

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @EdmondKuan 

Were you able to get a hold of a CS Agent to find out what happened? Was it resolved? 

EdmondKuan

My credit card.

EdmondKuan

Oh my. Ok I've reached out and I'll wait for their response

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@EdmondKuan 

Never reverse the charges with your CC. If you do, you will be force to make your monthly payment with vouchers for a year.

Just contact a CS_Agent for a refund.

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @EdmondKuan 

Are you seeing the charges on your Public Mobile account or on your credit card?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @EdmondKuan 

You can reach a CS Agent this way.

To contact a Customer Service Agent, please click on the following link. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to keep an eye on the top right corner where you’ll see this icon show up.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1699579973581.png

Need Help? Let's chat.