cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to Koodo on targeted offer on 31st , public mobile plan runs out on 30th

navinshenoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Moving to Koodo on targeted offer on 31st, public mobile plan runs out on 30th. My autorenew on 40$ plan is set to 31st Aug.

I moving on 31st to get the Walmart back to school weekend offers.

Q1> When will autorenewal happen for me 1st Sep or 31st Aug?  I dropped my plan to 10$ plan and i got message that from 1st Sep my plan will change to $10 plan.

Q2> Do i have to renew on PM for 1 day or will i be able to transfer the number even if my PM was not renewed?

10 REPLIES 10

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yeah all prices are pre tax

navinshenoy

$10 plus tax right? 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can not port a suspended account. Consider the $10 a cost to getting the Walmart deal.

Understanding your dates futuredate a plan change auto-pay off. If you have service on 31 then you are good to go. If not  add $10 and then port.

navinshenoy

Here is the thing my plan expires on Aug 31 as per online status. When I did changes to autopay it said my change will get charged fro sep 1st.

Walmart has the weekend offers on Friday 31st. So I plan to go to walmart and switch on 31st and if I am not wrong now the switch is instantaneous.

Do I really need to put 10$ to keep my phone active for 30 days more?

Agree with SMP99 above comments.  

You need an active PM account to do switch/move.  The autopay does not work when you are "downgrading" your plan (going from more expensive plan to cheaper).  Either manually load funds and change plans immediately or contact moderator ahead of time to do the switch Probably need to do either way asap.  

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @navinshenoy

Oops - a quick read from this thread you may want to change your strategy

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/When-your-phone-is-OOS-for-more-than-...

I now might suggest on the 29th you MANUALLY add funds to cover the plan change and select to change plans immediately. Do what you like but I just want to make you aware.

I don't know if the $10 plan can get you through the weekend though.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

if your plan expires on the 30th as stated in the 1st post, your plan would renew on the 31st at $10 assuming you made the change correctly. Let the renewal go through. Do not get spooked if you login to your account around this tim eand it says expired. If you have service your account is fine and you can have Walmart port out for you.  

navinshenoy

Yes got a referral link..

BTW When will autorenewal happen for me 1st Sep or 31st Aug? 

Oh and make sure you get the Koodo refer bonus before you activate as well 🙂

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

If plan runs out on 30th you are better to move on 29th in case any error

If plan is suspended you need to top up before you can bring your number over

Need Help? Let's chat.