cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly fee increased with no plan change

Hoserf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We are loyal customers for couple of years. We had the yearly discount having stayed with Public Mobile and referred couple of friends over the years. Recently our monthly fee has increased even beyond the initial monthly fee, while we are on the same plan and didn't request any change. We expect to have the same plan/fee stated in our contracts. What has happened?

6 REPLIES 6

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Hoserf 

The legacy $10 50/50 plan was slapped with 30% rate hike on April 26th 2022. Most but not all Public Mobile subscribers to this plan recieved either an email or text in early March 2022. It was not posted on publicmobile.ca/plans page until June 7th 2022 contrary to the terms of service. Customers who complained and/or filed a complaint with the CCTS were on average offered a good will gesture $15 credit to their accounts to settle their complaints.

If you log into your account you may be able to change to the $15 unlimited texts and minutes (no data) plan or the $19 unlimited minutes/texts/1GB plan. If not you will likely in the near future if not already be sent a targeted text offer from Public Mobile offering these plans (or other plans only available to new activations). Responding YES to the text will automatically change your plan on your next renewal.

**Keep in mind you will not be able to return to your $13 legacy 50/50 plan nor will you be able to downgrade your plan. Once you upgrade your plan you will only be offered higher priced plans with larger data buckets.

@Hoserf 

I thought the $13 plan is no longer available for grandfathered members so I am surprised you are still on this plan. It was changed to the $15 plan with 100 minutes outgoing calls, unlimited incoming calls and 250mb of data which was expired in May/24.

Hoserf

Thanks for reminding to add the tax!! FYI both numbers (the fee from my initial contract and the fee appearing now as my monthly fee) are compared in the same manner( e.g. before tax.)

I cannot see how our plan is relevant to the question! I'm having 50 mins call/50 messages which were 10$/month. I'm now being charged 13$ for the same.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

what plan you have? how much you are paying now? remember to add tax 

Hoserf

Thanks for the info. That explains the reward portion but our monthly fees have increased beyond the initial monthly fee when we signed up with Public Mobile with no reward.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you don't lost the loyalty savings from plan upgrade, just that PM moved everyone over to Public Points in May.  You should have got the text and email about this.

You now pay full account first and earn 5% in points. Whenever you collect to 15 points, you can redeem for $15 bill credit 

this was the announcement back in March

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.