cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mods Never Seem to Follow Through Anymore

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Customer service has really started to suck in last little while

So tired of jumping through hoops when it is obvious previous mod is not reading (or understanding) the previous message

Its just started to become an annoyance

I posted a long thread about this last top up period (3 months ago) but the newbie mods are really getting under my skin now

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Jumping-Through-Hoops/m-p/680223

13 REPLIES 13

@kav2001c   you are lucky that you only need to call them every 3 months as you are on the 90 days plan. Should you have the monthly plan, you would have to call them monthly.. LoL

Does it has something to do with Autopay failure?  If so, would it help if you put in the fund ahead of time manually so the system just get the fund from the Available Fund which you loaded ahead of the renewal date?

They can not fix root cause

There is a CCTS complaint and Telus reps (representing Public) have called on phone to discuss this

No answer was ever given as to what caused the issue (an issue that I thought should be impossible to do but hey system bugs I guess)

So I have been emailing them for over 5 years now

I started this thread as the quality of moderation / support though has dropped significantly in recent years

@kav2001c wrote:

Also; so it appears the moderator team email has been changed to cs agent this month?

the contact method  and the direct message link (Profile id) didn't change, just that they made a fancy name now  Customer Support Agent

Introducing "Customer Support Agent" - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@kav2001c wrote:

My issue dates back to years ago

So I need to contact mods every single billing cycle (90 days)

@kav2001c   what exactly was the issue?

So WHY even bother asking me to verify myself every single bill cycle? S

I guess this is normal to validate identity.  This happens even when I get support from places on the phone.  Even on the same calls, customer support passed me to another department, they have to validate again.   This is trouble, but to the business, they rather safe then sorry. 

did you ask them to pass to a senior mod and try to look at the issue to fix the root causes?  

Also; so it appears the moderator team email has been changed to cs agent this month?

My issue dates back to years ago

So I need to contact mods every single billing cycle (90 days)

This is why it increases the frustration; they KNOW what the issue is, they KNOW what the solution is, there ARE notes on the account

So WHY even bother asking me to verify myself every single bill cycle? So long as a credit card on autopay and account is active if anyone asks for the adjustment to be made why waste my (and various mods) times to jump through hoops every single bill cycle

Meow
Mayor / Maire
@mimmo

I hear you and I do not complain regarding MODs' performance.

I only hope they keep all emails regarding one ticket together so when mod#1 switches to help customer#2 while waiting for costumer#1 reply, mod#2 can continue helping customer#1 when follow up email arrives.

MODs definitely have to multitask and in many cases it does not work well not only at PM but in any industry. But everything has its own price so customer has to be aware what he/she is buying.

- you want low cost but quality service with main support from other knowledgeable customers and some/slow support from company's staff    OR

- you want high cost, maybe good service and dedicated company's support staff

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Meow I believe Telus thinks it is less costly and better quality to do email conversations than have online chats . Even though agents could have several live chats at once the more they have the less the quality is of the service. Thus we have email chats where agents can give "full attention" to the customer they are serving.  Not sure it's working to full potential. It could be a back end thing on how tickets are managed/identified etc and not nessisarly a mod quality issue.

This is the model we signed up for if we want more features live agents we need to move to another brand . Which ever model though the quality should be Steller, and we should not need to push through to get the correct answer.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

My experience with MODs is positive (so far) particularly if I open a ticket. When contacting them directly messages might be lost or forgotten...

I guess PM has to change problem resolving approach: MODs have to take ownership of ticket they started working on and keep working on it until resolution.

If MODs are already at PM site why we do not have Chat option? Imagine you have to resolve your banking issue through e-mails.

@mimmo wrote:

@esjliv   being self-managed should have no impact on the quality of support tickets. A person should not need to stick to it to get proper replies and avoid getting railroaded .

@kav2001c my only suggestion is to write a note to jade or Melinda explaining your experiences both past and current.  Maybe they can bring the feedback to the mods as a training opportunity.

@mimmo you're right this model should have no quality impact on support tickets. But if members/customers are not following up or poking back sometimes they are left 'hanging'. Myself being an example of that in the past.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esjliv   being self-managed should have no impact on the quality of support tickets. A person should not need to stick to it to get proper replies and avoid getting railroaded .

@kav2001c my only suggestion is to write a note to jade or Melinda explaining your experiences both past and current.  Maybe they can bring the feedback to the mods as a training opportunity.

Edit @kav2001c   It was mentioned that a good  place to provide feedback was the community survey that pops up in the community every so often.  There is an open field  where you can make your feedback.  Getting the survey is another matter.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

yes, it look like the same ticket might not be followed by the same mod all the time.

Also, not sure how busy they are... quiet often, I got the response from mod in the inbox.. i replied immediately, like within a minute, thinking the mod is still there and will response but it still not get responded until much later, like the next day.

@kav2001c curious, your first post was 3 months ago.. so, you have another similar issue lately?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

Customer service has really started to suck in last little while

So tired of jumping through hoops when it is obvious previous mod is not reading (or understanding) the previous message

Its just started to become an annoyance

I posted a long thread about this last top up period (3 months ago) but the newbie mods are really getting under my skin now

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Jumping-Through-Hoops/m-p/680223

@kav2001c - frustrating, for sure!

This is a 'self-managed' type model of service. And I can see some people getting railroaded if they are not determined enough to stick with an issue/ticket with the Mods until they are satisfied of the result.

Need Help? Let's chat.