cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators switched my plan from 12GB/90days to $10 per 30 Days without asking for my permission.

beirut
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I had some issues  reactivating my plan which was due to expiry on November 6th. I contacted moderators to see if they can help me out but didn't get a message from them for a few days. 

Eventually after few days the issues were gone on self serve and I was able to reactivate my plan using self-serve but before I managed to do so I received a message from moderators that they have switched a plan for me and that I should try paying for it now.

I asked them right-away to revert the plan change as I no longer have any issues yet the response I received from them was this:

"Please note that we are able to change your plan only if the plan is still available at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans   12gb/90day plan is not available anymore unfortunately   I shall be waiting for your reply to help you further with your request to change your plan"

So I am screwed?

25 REPLIES 25

@Tonzee hi you can do that yourself in your self serve account but remember if you do it before your 30 day cycle is done you will lose the money you paid for remainder of the 30 days so the best thing is set up change for renewel date good luck!!

@Tonzee wrote:

I need to change my plan I'm paying 27 dollars for a basic plan ...I noticed u have 15 dollar plan with unlimited incoming and ...also 100 minutes Canada wide talk unlimited text and bonus 250 mb data ...can u please put me on this plan

@Tonzee 

You have replied to an old topic. For better visibility and faster help you should start your own topiç.

As for your question: You need to log into your self serve account, on the overview page there is a link to "change my plan". Choose the plan you want to change to and click "change at next renewal". (If you do a plan change "now" (immediate plan change) you will loose any remaining balance of your current plan without refunds.)

Edit: Having said that, $27/30days (as opposed to $84/90days) is an odd number... Are you a legacy customer who previously had access to phone support? If you haven't done so already, you might need to start by creating a self serve account in the first place?

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tonzee wrote:

I need to change my plan I'm paying 27 dollars for a basic plan ...I noticed u have 15 dollar plan with unlimited incoming and ...also 100 minutes Canada wide talk unlimited text and bonus 250 mb data ...can u please put me on this plan

@Tonzee wrote:

@Tonzee- you can do this from the self serve portal and have it start right away or when you new billing cycle starts.  If you do it right away, you will lose what you have already paid for for the rest of your 30 day cycle. 

Tonzee

beirut

Well I loaded $120 two days ago. Yet nothing is fixed. Still on $10/30days plan. So yeah no wonder they don't reply anything to you either.

EDIT: ok it looks like it's finally fixed.I am back on a 90days/12GB plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Shazia_K, I am trying to understand what happened here so that I can learn from it to assist others that may experience similar situation.  With the 90 day deactivation deadline fast approaching, could it be the moderators that temporarily changed the plan did so out of convenience to prevent the account from going into deactivation with the understanding that this will buy time to sort out the payment issue and once sufficient funds are in the account, the old plan can be restored.  Due to misunderstanding/miscommunication, the discussion then digressed to unauthorized account change.  I thought it was well understood that moderators can restore legacy plans as confirmed by the reverse migration of customers back from Koodo who felt they were pressured into leaving with the 25% price increase on the 2016 fall promo plan in February 2018 that was later retracted.  It is nice to see that cooler heads prevailed and there is a happy ending for everyone. 

beirut

I topped-up my account. Let me know when I can reactivate it on selfe-serve since I still see $10/30day plan there

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@beirut

Yes, I understand and I am sorry for the changes as mentioned earlier both mods will be coached accordingly 🙂 

Regards, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

beirut

@Shazia_K wrote:

Hello @beirut

your suspended plan was '' temporarily '' changed to the $10 plan in order to allow you to call and text until the payment issue was resolved.

That's the thing. I never asked for this change.  Mod took it upon themselves without asking me first. PublicMobile is my secondary number so I wasn't in any need to make text and calls from this particular number.

Anyway, after your post everything seems way clearer and now I understand how it got so confusing. Thanks for solving this. Appreciate that.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @beirut

Thank you for raising your concern with us and I am very sorry to hear about the sudden plan changes on your account. 

After carefully taking a look at your account and reading the previous conversation with the last two moderators that interacted with you. I do see that the last payment for your 90 days service was received in May 2018, your 90 days plan was suspended since the beginning of August. I do see that you contacted us a few days ago in regards to not being able to make a payment for your 90 days services and your suspended plan was '' temporarily '' changed to the $10 plan in order to allow you to call and text until the payment issue was resolved.

I apologize for the communication problem between the mods and you the last person missed the part where the temporary plan was given to you. Rest assured that we will coach on our end and make sure this doesn't happen in the future again. With that being said, I will change your plan back to the previous one assigned on your account. Can you please add the required amount in order to have a total of $120 in your Public Mobile account?

I hope that you are completely comfortable with the provided information and sorry again for all the trouble. 

Best, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

This should be easy to fix, sometimes error happens.  

@beirut wrote:

@ute1978 wrote:

@beirut wrote:

So I had some issues  reactivating my plan which was due to expiry on November 6th.

"Reactivating" means your plan was suspended for a certain amount of time. Unfortunately your are out of luck. You can only keep your old plan if it was constantly paid for.

I don't buy it. Public mobile lets you suspended plan for 90 days.  I go on a long trips and been reactivating my plan constantly for over 2 years now without an issue.

And another thing - I was able to reactivate plan without a problems on 2 day but didn't do it on time and they decided to switch me to another plan few hours later.

Also I am thinking of submitting claim to CRTC, is that a good idea?

If you decide to make a claim, it is with the CCTS.  The CRTC is another avenue for consumer inquiries but not for disputes with a carrier which is handled by the CCTS.  Bear in mind, the process for making a claim requires that you discuss your differences with the carrier in an attempt to reach an amicable resolution.  Failing that, you file a complaint that include evidence of past discussions.  This is covered by a knowledge base article.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

@ute1978 wrote:
@beirut wrote:

So I had some issues  reactivating my plan which was due to expiry on November 6th.

"Reactivating" means your plan was suspended for a certain amount of time. Unfortunately your are out of luck. You can only keep your old plan if it was constantly paid for.

Not quite correct. You may reactivate your current plan while suspended, even one grandfathered, as long as payment is made before 90 days. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

beirut

@ute1978 wrote:

@beirut wrote:
And another thing - I was able to reactivate plan without a problems on 2 day but didn't do it on time and they decided to switch me to another plan few hours later.

I think we are missing some important info.

Yeah the way I worded it might seem like I am missing something. But all I meant was that on Friday, Oct 26 I tried to reactivate my plan but it wouldn't let me (my expire date is/was Nov 6). So I sent a PM to Mods.

On Sunday in the morning I logged into PM's self-serve account and was able to reactivate my 12GB/90days plan but I was busy so I thought will do it later in the day. Then few hours later I received a message from Mods team saying that they put me on $10/30Days plan and that I should go ahead and try to activate now.

Here is another PM costumer talking about similar experience:

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@beirut wrote:

I think we are missing some important info.

Effort

No where in the TOS does it say they're allowed to change your plan with or without notification. The fact that this happened and you were forced to plan that you don't want is definitely an employee mistake and should be rolled back. They shouldn't even be allowed to give a canned response that the plan cannot be reactivated.

@ute1978 wrote:

@beirut wrote:

This is incorrect.  A plan that has been dorment for 90 days of inactive service is unable to be reactivated.  If it has been less than 90 days, it can be reactivated, normally without issue.

It does seem odd that this has happened, and a moderator should not have done a plan change of any type without explicit content from the account holder.

Of course it is ideal if everyone would just continue paying for their no longer in market plan, but with the 90 day grace period offered, there is no requirement to force it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@beirut wrote:

@ute1978 wrote:

@beirut wrote:

I don't buy it. Public mobile lets you suspended plan for 90 days.  I go on a long trips and been reactivating my plan constantly for over 2 years now without an issue.

You must mean CCTS as CRTC does not handle individual case.

it is up to you to decide whether to file a claim or not.

You may want to get @Alan_K or @Brooke_C involve with your issue first.  If you file a complaint at CCTS, @Alan_K or @Brooke_C may be the person(s) to review your case anyway.

(Disclaimer: I am fairly new to this community.  I don't know who has the power to make decision on behalf of PM.)

beirut

@ute1978 wrote:

@beirut wrote:

Murco

You would think you would recieve notice first.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@beirut wrote:

beirut

Yeah I have absolutely no idea what was going through their heads No one asked them to change the  plan. Especially why wouldn't they at first confirm with me if it's ok to do so? It honestly blows my mind.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@beirut unfortunately I think you're out of luck, through what sounds like no fault of your own.  They are correct that even they cannot apply a plan for you unless it is currently offered.  I wonder what on Earth would have convinced them you wanted to change to the $10 plan?  Also, since your previous plan is no longer offered, they really should have confirmed with you before removing it.  I would be pretty upset if I were you!! 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

beirut

Yes I have contacted them and they said they can't do anything since the plan is not available anymore. I have contacted them again but probably won't hear anything for 3days at least.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

If that's the case, only moderator can fix it themselves.  

Have you contacted them after the error shown?

Need Help? Let's chat.