Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

In this article, you will learn about:

  • When to contact the CCTS.
  • What the CCTS does.
  • How to contact the CCTS.


When to Contact the CCTS


If you’ve tried to resolve a complaint with Public Mobile and have been unable to reach a satisfactory solution with us, then the CCTS may be able to help you.




The Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS) is an independent agency whose mandate is to resolve complaints of consumers about their telecom and TV services, and complaints of small business customers about their telecom services. If you have a complaint about your wireless telephone service, you must first try to resolve it directly with Public Mobile. If you have done so and have been unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, CCTS may be able to help you free of charge.


To learn more about CCTS, you may visit their website at or call toll-free at 1-888-221-1687.





CCTS is an acronym, standing for Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services.



Mayor / Maire
CCTS can assist but they have a very limited scope. If your concern is not listed they can not intervene. Usually CCTS will assist the wireless provider with offering a solution, it is pretty rare to see an order unless it is a clear violation of the wireless code. Oh and last years report shows Public Mobile's parent company as having the best score card of any national carrier!
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Agreed. Ccts may not be as beneficial for users subscribed to public mobile since the payment method is similar to a prepaid service.

Ccts comes into play for users who port out but do not receive a refund for the days not used since most providers charge one month in advance
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@chitang In order to port a number, you must have an active number and in good standing = if not paid=not active=not portable


I don't see where a pro-rated refund from previous carrier would be due.  Also POST-PAID accounts have a grace period in which to pay.  I was with Bell post-paid, and did not pay a month ahead of time ever.  I walked out with a phone and a plan, got the bill about 10 days later for one month of service.


I'm sure too that you couldn't port your number if still under contract, unless obligatory payments were made to fulfill said contract.

Mayor / Maire
@mtmmtm: on Bell post paid you ALWAYS paid a month in advance (this was true ever since switch to new system back in 2007 to current). You also can always port out while on contract (they just send you a bill with cancel fee or outstanding device balance)
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the info.

Mayor / Maire

Ok why is CCTS flagged as a "bad" word Public? Cat LOL

It's funny though


Version history
Last update:
‎06-01-2018 02:53 PM
Updated by:
Need Help? Let's chat.