cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing data

Aabbott1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined Public with 2GB plan with 500MB bonus for auto pay and 500MB for the incentive to join at the time.  There is only 2GB in the account. How do I correct this?   Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12

@darlicious ah... I now re-read, and indeed that implies a Quebec 2+500 plan. thanks, Cheers!

@Nezgar 

Did you read my spoiler?

"Select the ready-made plan “$30 for 500MB + 1GB Bonus + 500 MB AutoPay"

Am I missing something? This totals 2GB, not 2.5

WeAreX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

mine was 500mb bonus but it should be there automatically so no worries.

@Aabbott1 

Here's the announcement and update for that plan I can only assume that the extra 500mb for quebec residents at some point showed under the plans page but there was mention of it in the English version but not the translated French to English version. But I think I remember @Jb456  also mentioning the subtle differences in plans offered to Quebecers vs the rest of Canada. I found it once you mentioned activating in august 2020.

Spoiler
PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

**UPDATE**

The limited-time $30 2GB plan promotion ends Canada-wide on Thursday, September 17, 2020. 

If you have the $30 2GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $30 2GB plan after September 17, 2020, as it will no longer be available.

For Public Mobile customers in Quebec, the limited-time 500MB data promotion will be expiring with the $30 2GB plan as well on September 17, 2020.

Edit made on September 14, 2020.

Hey Community,

Starting August 7th, 2020, we are offering a $30 2GB plan available for a limited time only.  

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $30 per 30 days
  • 500MB + 1GB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 

How to get this offer: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$30 for 500MB + 1GB Bonus + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

Aabbott1

I activated in August 2020.  Thanks for help

Aabbott1

Thanks for reply.  I took out a ticket.  See how it goes.  It was a good deal at the time and was a big reason  to sign up.

@Aabbott1 wrote:

I joined Public with 2GB plan with 500MB bonus for auto pay and 500MB for the incentive to join at the time.  There is only 2GB in the account. How do I correct this?   Thanks 

I've never heard of any 500MB signup bonus. While there currently is a plan that includes 2.5GB, it's a faily new addition to the plan lineup.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Aabbott1 wrote:

@Aabbott1 , it really does depend on when you activated and whatever was available for the in-market plans at that time.

IF you are on a less expensive plan than the $35 Plan, then 2GB is a pretty good deal right now for you. But if you ARE on the $35 Plan and you ARE only seeing 2GB in your overview page on your SELF SERVE (and you DO have autopay enabled) is this an older plan??

A - maybe consider changing your plan on your next renewal to the $35 plan (if you are paying more than $35?).

OR

B - if feel you should have been receiving the 2.5 GB and you are not, contact the moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR

2 - Contact the Public Mobile  Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Aabbott1 ,

Public Mobile can offer different plans for different provinces. But for 3 provinces I randomly just checked they are all 2.5 GB (with autopay).

What province did you activate your number in?

Mine says 250 mb below because I am on the $15 plan.

What does your SELF SERVE say under "My Data and Add-Ons"?

esjliv_3-1604243639801.png

For example:

Currently in Ontario = 2.5 GB with autopay

esjliv_0-1604243342982.png

Currently in Quebec = 2.5 GB autopay Required

esjliv_2-1604243507412.png

Currently in Nova Scotia = 2.5 GB with autopay

esjliv_1-1604243452416.png

@Aabbott1 

When did you activate your service? How much is your plan amount?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aabbott1 wrote:

Are you in Quebec? The data was 2GB total. There was a Quebec promo for 2.5GB.

Edit: assumptions assumptions 🙂 yes...what are you paying for your plan? If $30 then above. If $35 then esjliv below.

Need Help? Let's chat.