cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Account PIN.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most of you Activated before the switch to EverSafe ID, therefore you are all unaffected by this issue, but this is a very major issue for New Activations and needs to get worked on Stat @J_PM

I made a Post about this issue before, but didn't realize how dire it was until now since it's now proving a major issue for many other New Activations beyond just myself. 

On the old Activation System before the update, customers we're always asked to set up a 4 Digit Account PIN Number, used for verifying your identity with Customer Support, and calling 611. However, not any longer... this Create a PIN option is no longer a part of the Activation Process and any account made since the Switch to EverSafe ID is missing the option all together. Even within the 'My Profile' Settings. 

Now even once your New Account has been created, there is no where to set or change your personal PIN Number, its set by default to something random by the seems of it..

I tried calling 611 the other day on my own Personal Public Account in order to add $15 to my Account Funds with my registered Credit Card since it also is a missing the 'Add Funds with Credit/Debit Card' within the Payment Section, however it asked me for my Account PIN to do that.. what PIN? I never set one up and there is no option in My Profile Settings to set one..

Even better yet, yesterday I created and assisted a new Referral with Activation and we had a Port issue, as a result of this I had to call the Telus Porting Department to have it sorted.. the first question they asked for Validation was the 4-digit PIN on the Public Mobile Account... again WHAT PIN? No Account created since EverSafe ID was prompted to set one up, and there is no option to within settings.. how is there a PIN, and what the heck did the system put it as default for Telus to see it on their end?

I explained the missing PIN fiasco to her, she validated the Account with other information however if we don't even have an option to create a PIN, what it is putting it for default on ohr New Accounts? I completely forgot to ask her what the PIN was, and what she saw on her end since we'd just created the Account 15 mins ago without one, with no option to add one. 

I'll provide a screenshot Below from an Account I've had for 1 year, within 'My Profile' Settings under the 'Account Security Info' there is an Account PIN Option. 

Screenshot_20230804_000441_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Below is another screenshot from an Account I've had for almost 3 weeks now, and it's missing the option in Profile Settings entirely showing only 'Voicemail Password' under the Account Security Info.

Screenshot_20230804_000526_Public Mobile.jpg

I've checked a variety of Referrals Accounts who have only joined in the last two months, and every New Account is missing the 'Account PIN' option. 

This is such an important feature and ties directly into the other issue from my other Adding Funds Issue Post, since without this PIN its almost impossible to Add Available Funds to your Account with that option also missing in the Payment Section..

I know I'm not the only one impacted by this, as every single New Activation since EverSafe ID are missing both the 'Account PIN' and 'Add Funds with Credit/Debit Card' options. 

The only option I found which worked to Create a PIN on any New Account missing the option to do such in My Account was by a solution @softech found. > Sign into your New Account which is missing the Option and Follow this link to Create a PIN on it.

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/reset/pin.

Something needs to be done and fast, these options have already been missing out of My Account for way to long already. I'm making this post to being attention to the situation so it can be quickly worked on. 

7 REPLIES 7

Priority

@J_PM Thank you very much for escalating this, the Account PIN is now able to be added, changed and seen within the Profile settings on New Accounts as of today so the issue is now resolved.

Phew.

HI @MetaMorpheusMob 

no understand.

I like able to change PIN myself.  I was basically saying have support help is the alternative way 

Priority

🤗🫡🤝

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@Priority Thank you for the detailed summary. I will confirm this function behaviour with the team. 

Priority

If that's the case and it's been removed intentionally, why is it only gone for Activations since the switch to EverSafe ID and not for any other Accounts prior? 🤷

And if it's really not supposed to be an option for New Accounts, why does this Link work to reset and add it into the Accounts missing the option..

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Priority 

thanks for bring this up

At one point, Account PIN can only be updated with support help.  Not sure if PM is planning to go back that wya

Need Help? Let's chat.