cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 2GB bonus for the next 12months, $25+ plans?

tcyngo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I saw that the "2GB bonus for the next 12months, $25+ plans" flash sale is supposed to be until April 15 (today) at 8:59PM PST (11:59PM EST) from this post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-bonus-for-the-next-12mon...

but the code 12MONTH2GB isn't working for me.

I have my SIM card already and am trying to get the $25 plan. 

Can anyone help before 8:59pm today? Thanks!

33 REPLIES 33

midinite
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wanted to say thank you, had I not checked this reply I would've been stuck waiting for hours for the CS Agent to reply when my promo code wasn't working. 🙏

@tcyngo 

Good on you for bringing it to their attention and even better that they acknowledged it (somewhat) and gave you the promo!

tcyngo

@JL9 @HALIMACS @esjliv 

UPDATE: The CS Agent apologized and manually applied it to my account. I asked about the error being that they missed the 'S' in the announcement — he replied that "It can be that due to the code was not entered correctly, the system was not able to recognize the code, thanks for pointing that out.
I will definitely pass on your feedback and case so we can make the experience even better 🙂

It sounds like that was the problem and I'm guessing they don't want to say it outright and worded it in that way. But everything is fixed and thanks for everyone for helping out and figuring out the issue!! 

Glad to get to know a bit about the PM Community 🙂 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah they should be able to manually add it, especially if it was a typo on their end.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Interesting, however the OP is indeed correct in asking as the Announcement for the promo they were trying to access clearly DID NOT include the "S" in the description/details.

Bit of a mess up on Public Mobile's part I'd say.

HALIMACS_0-1650199210502.png

You're correct. This is an "S" in the code.  I have verified this by trying the code.  The code without the "S" (12MONTH2GB) doesn't exist in the system (or at least it doesn't now). The code with the "S"  is actually still active.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@tcyngo @HALIMACS @esjliv 

Good eye @BKNS27 . There is a “S”. I just checked my email and screenshot is below. Most of the time, the customer enters their email address to have the code sent to them. 

1D38F2D3-647C-4F0F-9912-59704AC4AB7F.jpeg

@tcyngo 

I am sure the CS_Agent J- PM made a typo error but don’t worry they will have it corrected for you so you will get the bonus 2gb for 12 months.

BTW, welcome to PM!

Sounds like a plan,  @tcyngo 

At this point, they'll likely just grant you the promo (or they certainly should!!!) without focusing allot on the accuracy of the announcement. 

tcyngo

@HALIMACS Yes that's possible. I've messaged the CS Agent am waiting to hear back. I'll ask about that typo to verify and update back here once I hear back!

@tcyngo 

Do you think it's possible PM missed the "S" on the official announcement?  

See the below earlier offering from February ... where it was "MONTHS" , not "MONTH". 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-bonus-for-the-next-12-mo...

tcyngo

The code from the announcement does not have an 's' after MONTHS. Please read the entire original post so that you understand where our information is received, instead of laughing at the situation.

tcyngo_0-1650145798098.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 @HALIMACS  - i have not used the code myself for this announcement. But, yes, I was going by what the announcement said in J_PM's in the original OP's post for the March promo without the "S".

Wonder why we haven't seen much more of these issues, if there is supposed to be an "S" there. 🤔

And this has been posted for nearly 1 month; and no one has had Jade correct the post yet...not enough people reporting it or something?

This one is now expired as of yesterday, wonder what the next promo will say...?

I do see this expired February promo was advertised with an "S" in this one:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-bonus-for-the-next-12-mo...

@BKNS27 wrote:

@tcyngo 

I see what the problem is…you entered 12MONTH2GB but you forgot to put the S at the end of MONTH.

The code is 12MONTHS2GB!!!😂😂😂

Nothing that the CS_Agent can fix. Just contact them as noted by others.

Good eye @BKNS27 , that may indeed be the case!   🤔

@esjliv  &  @JK8 , how'd you miss that?  🤣🤣  

(EDIT:  it is interesting that the Announcement does not indicate that, however.   And I read others who also had issues using the code without the "S" at the end.   Perhaps a typo from the start???)

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tcyngo 

I see what the problem is…you entered 12MONTH2GB but you forgot to put the S at the end of MONTH.

The code is 12MONTHS2GB!!!😂😂😂

Nothing that the CS_Agent can fix. Just contact them as noted by others.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes that is the one with free India LD too not the same

tcyngo

Thank you @esjliv and @JK8! I will activate it tonight and contact them. I've already sent a private message to @J_PM but I will also send one to a CS Agent. 

Thank you both! Will send an update here with any updates!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@tcyngo 

I think the best you can do is activate as suggested by @esjliv and then  contact a CS Agent to add the promo.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Yup, you're right @tcyngo .

The promo says it is good until midnight eastern time. If I were you, I would activate tonight and submit a ticket to have the code added for you by customer support agents.

To contact Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA), by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

edit, I mean you could wait to activate tomorrow, but I think you have a better case if you do it today. And include that screenshot of your error once you are in communication with a CSA.

tcyngo

Just tried this, same thing happened 😞 Did not let me add the code

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tcyngo  - ahh, seems both promotions are connected to the same location to enter your email.

1-The one you included:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-bonus-for-the-next-12mon...

2.And the Vaisakhi promo:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Vaisakhi-Offer-2GB-bonus-for-the-next-6...

Maybe PM already over-rided the one to expire today. That should not happen.

tcyngo

I'm receiving the error "This is not a valid promotion code". 

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 8.10.09 PM.png

@tcyngo wrote:

That looks like a different promo — the one you sent a link to is the Vaisakhi Offer, which only offers 2GB for 6 months, not 12. 

The announcement seems like a different promo.

@tcyngo - I just used the link you included in your original message to find that.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@tcyngo 

If you can cancel the activation try using chrome in incognito, but first clear your cache and history.

@tcyngo - what error are you receiving?

Worst case scenario, activate without it, but take screenshots of the errors happening. Then, submit a ticket, but since customer support is closed now, you will not receive a response this evening. You can request customer support to add it for you and explain the difficulties you were having.

@tcyngo wrote:

That looks like a different promo — the one you sent a link to is the Vaisakhi Offer, which only offers 2GB for 6 months, not 12. 

They are two different promotions and use different promo codes.

tcyngo

@esjliv wrote:

@tcyngo 

Did you submit your email address?

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Optional: to have the promo code sent to your email, submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email, or simply make note of:  12MONTH2GB

Ensure you are entering this in promo field, not the Refer-A-Friend field.

But, make sure you activate with a Refer-A-Friend referral code as well to receive $10 off next cycle's plan.

When it comes to the e-mail address, part, there's no requirement to use the same address as submitting for that promotional e-mail message. There's acutally no requirement to submit any e-mail address at all until the time of activation.

tcyngo

Yes, I am currently on the last/4th step of the "Account Setup" page, where it asks for your payment method, promo code, etc.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tcyngo - there seems to be conflict in the 'activate by' dates that I can see:

1. the announcement says Activate by end of April 15th.

1. but, after clicking where you enter your email, it says activate by April 29th.

esjliv_0-1650078048550.png

Need Help? Let's chat.