cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading/ Wrong Dashboard service period!!!! Public Mobile, please fix this.

Brian_W
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am with public mobile now, my previous service cycle is from Oct13-Nov12. Around 9:30pm on Nov12, I tried to port out my service to lucy mobile. but it wasn't successful. I trace the cause and find out public mobile suspended my mobile service on Nov 12 and asked me to top up my account. I contacted their public mobile support and they replied that my service is good from Oct13-Nov11 only. although my public mobile landing page clearly shown that service plan is good from Oct13 to Nov12. I found it is very misleading and confusing, which could cause some serious consequences in some cases. Their support said their top up is only good for 30 days, if that is the case, it should just show Oct13_Nov11, not Oct13_Nov12. Most of us won't count the days, we will just blindly follow what it says. Because of that, I am not able to port out. And public mobile asks me to top up my service first and then porting out again. However, I will just waste that top-up money. This should have not happened if public mobile shows its service period correctly. I don't think it is right for consumer to pay for public mobile's fault. We need to get this situation corrected since it could lead to something very wrong in some situations. thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

@Brian_W wrote:

I did contact public mobile for this issue, All they say is to top up the account. don't admit anything about their misleading practice.

I'm aware of that. My comments were for anyone consideing filing such a dispute.  I may, however, wish to try again with Public Mobile, because after filing a dispute with CCTS, the intital step only has them contact Public Mobile for you, and it will once again be up to Public Mobile to address the issue.

Brian_W

I did contact public mobile for this issue, All they say is to top up the account. don't admit anything about their misleading practice.

@Brian_W wrote:

be honest with you, that is what I feel about that wrongly shown Dashboard, Public mobile should have notice this and be informed about this for a while. I will contact CRTC for solutions.

Contacting the CRTC will not yield any results as they do not handle disputes between customers and carriers. CCTS handles those but will only look it them for customers who have first tried to get the carrier to address the issues.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You made me check dates and do some serious calculations 😎

Your billing period Oct13-Nov12 is exactly 30 days. Confusing might be that your service starts on oct13 and ends on nov11 which is exactly 30 days. New billing periods starts on Nov12. And I have to agree, what PM says is not 100% correct as it should be Oct13-Nov11 with a note that new billing period starts on Nov12 00:01

Oct13 to Oct31 = 19 days. Nov01-Nov11 = 11 days => 30 days

It all depends how computer handles dates.

You're preaching to the choir. All the regulars here have made all the observations we can. No one seems to care. The company blew what little budget they gave it on a poorly implemented seemingly untested system. I think it's terrible. Some nice features but all the wrong far outweighs the good. Heads should have rolled on this roll out. If it were me I would have been embarrassed to have brought it out.

All they need is a very simple piece of arithmetic on that second date -> -1. That's it. Will they? I don't think they care to. That way it would make sense that the paid period is up to 11:59pm eastern of that date.

If you would accept outcomes on porting out on the last day then this is what you need to accept. If you've been here for a period of time then you should have seen the date discrepancy. I think earlier on the dates were the other way around ie. early start, correct end. So they may have tinkered with it as it was. But will they some more?

Brian_W

I am in montreal, All my previous posts is based on Estern standard time.

Brian_W

My issue is about the Wrong info. I will accept any outcomes when I initiate my port-out request within the displayed service period. Instead of playing around ,Why can't Public mobile just fix that problem.

Again, it is ill-advised to wait until the last minute to do porting from/to anywhere. Things happen. If the old provider and the new provider and the customer do everything all perfect then sure yeah it could take a matter of minutes. But even that has possibilities. Like if going to/from a voip or landline service.

Brian_W

be honest with you, that is what I feel about that wrongly shown Dashboard, Public mobile should have notice this and be informed about this for a while. I will contact CRTC for solutions.

There are many things that should be fixed around here. They don't seem particularly interested in doing fixes. They seem to like customers floundering around making incorrect decisions based on incorrect information.

Brian_W

I never said Public mobile is cheating. What I am saying is public mobile should fix the dashboard, and show the period (exact 30days) that customers can have their service. Because of the wrong Dashboard info, We wasted time and money and could cause more serious issues for others. Public mobile could just admit it and fix it.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes the account needs to be active to port out.

I totally agree with you about the displayed dates. They're actually from 12:01am of the first date to 12:01am of the second date. The second date really should be 11:59pm of the previous day.

But porting out at the last minute can also invite trouble. It's usually suggested to port out a couple days prior to the end.

You would also have seen the account go into suspension at midnight eastern. That's also the clue that it's the end of the paid period.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Brian_W , the interval for the current plan cycle and the renewal date can be a little confusing at times.  Make no mistake Public Mobile is not cheating and giving customers 29 day cycles instead of 30 days.  Note that renewal occurs at midnight EST.  At this point, your only recourse is to reactive the account to port out the number unfortunately.  You can reactivate to the cheapest $15 plan.  If the old number is not worth the renewal fee, then let it go.  

Need Help? Let's chat.