cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Ons

GaleJanzen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I re-purchased the US roaming talk, text, data bundle and it is not working.  The system took my payment and provided me with a receipt however no service available.

9 REPLIES 9

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Bob45- You're replying to a month old thread. If the roaming add-on did not work for you then you should be able to get a refund. But honey goes a lot further than vinegar. Like with any service, if you go all ballistic then they can just quote policy.

If you're still in the states and did appear to buy a roaming add-on then manually connect to T-Mobile to get the best chance for services. But even that might be spotty which would be entirely out of the hands of Public.

If you have tried to re-buy roaming add-ons then that does cause some issues.

Bob45
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same experience. They took my reply off the forum. So disgusting. Joke

Bob45
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had the same experience and it’s not the first time. It’s like a slot machine that never pays off. Get a SIM card and save the aggravation. Was told no refund as the account was registered notwithstanding no service. Absolute crap! Time to switch from PM. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious- Great minds. I saw a thread like this earlier but I stepped out so I couldn't address it and I wasn't going to resurrect it for a theory.

I wonder if the system knows the 240 hours and takes the money and leaves it in the account (we'll see if we get an update from the OP) and either stops there or maybe possibly when it can make the purchase it finishes it and takes the money then. I suspect it just stops and leaves the money there. But let's see what the OP says.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@GaleJanzen 

Can you log into your account using secret/incognito mode and check your account balance? Do you see the $20 payment you made purchase the US roaming bundle in your available funds? If so this is due to the limitation of having to wait out a 24-hour period of time before being able to purchase the same US roaming add-on. You will be able to purchase it with the funds in your account exactly 24 hours after your first add-on expired. If you do not see the funds in your account balance please report back.

Alternatively you can contact customer support to add the US roaming bundle for you before the 24 hour wait time is up.

Here is a post on US roaming add-ons that you may find helpful.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

In the past...one could only repurchase after plan expired + 24 hours. If your roaming add-on expired at noon today..try again at noon tomorrow.

@GaleJanzen I would suggest you to just get local prepaid data for now 

Roaming can be tricky and with US  shutting down 3G network, getting voice is even trickier

No worry about the money you paid for your addon, just open ticket with PM Support and they likely refund you the money:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

GaleJanzen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried all of the above.

I am in Bullhead City Arizona and this is a repurchase as my first 10 day plan expired today.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GaleJanzen   Please provide us a bit more information as what you have tried

Since you have Talk in the roaming, please try to manually connect to T-Mobile first and see if it works.  If not, then try AT&T , but with AT&T, your Talk component might not work

Also, for data to work, make sure you enable Roaming Mobile data on your phone

Let us know if it connects or if see either of the network.

Also let us know which city and state you are at.

Need Help? Let's chat.