cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

kyoongs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi all,

so i'm a new activation and used the app. i got to the activation step but it said they had issues and to contact support. i did and am waiting for a reply.

in the meantime, i got the welcome email from public and used the qr code to add the new esim. my phone shows service bars for both rogers and public. i also approved the number transfer text i got from rogers.

when i open the app it loads, then prompts me to log in through the browser. i do and it takes me to the dashboard where i only have access to basic account info like email/password/phone etc. if i click the go back to portal link or use a direct link to access My Account, i'm taken back to the log in page. i tried this on desktop and it's the same thing. i can only access the dashboard. i'm guessing this is due to the overload of people switching/joining public.

can i assume that everything for my account is all good? on my phone, it shows that my number is still associated with the rogers sim, and there is no number associated with my public sim.

5 REPLIES 5

kyoongs

it might just need time?

are your esims/sims set up? you might also need to go into your settings and change the preferences for receiving calls and sms from your old sim to the public one.

kyoongs

UPDATE:

my number was still only showing on my rogers sim but i decided to remove it anyway and see. i'm able to use data, make and receive calls from my number. the public sim still shows number unknown but that's just a waiting game. for reference, rogers texted me confirmation of my number transfer approval around 2:30 pm est. i was also able to get onto the app and see that my account has the plan i picked.

Wilfredo2

I am also having this issue and new to public on their Black Friday deal. My account works but can't receive calls and on my wife's account it gave an error code and failed to finish account set up process but billed my credit card for both services. She doesn't have an account made up and her phone isn't working despite being charged and like I mentioned earlier everything works for my phone except I cannot receive calls or texts. We've contacted customer service waiting for reply. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kyoongs you can disable but not delete your Rogers eSIM

For PM eSIM, set as Primary and enable "Turn on this line" then test both incoming and outgoing calls and make sure both work.  if data also works, then you are good

khraeohn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes. Transfers aren't instant. It'll take some time. You'll know when you lsoe service on your Rogers Sim.

You should also get a "Oh **bleep**. Please stay." txt from Rogers after you approve the switch

Need Help? Let's chat.