cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minutes usages

Ritaas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, my plan began at 24th of september...My minutes usage shows a consumption of 51 mn from 100mn and my usage history shows max of 5mn outcoming/incoming talk. please clarify

13 REPLIES 13

@will13am wrote:

I wiped the egg off my face tonight and did some thinking.  It occurred to me the article is somewhat correct.  The old $10 plan and the first generation of the $15 plan did charge minutes on incoming calls.  The current $15 plan does not meter incoming calls.  The article needs to provide a long answer for this one.

@will13am Yes, I realize that part; which is why I was stating 'in-market' limited minute calling plan (and not any grandfathered ones). 🙂 Still should be stated or more clear in this regard, how many times has this question been asked in the community, about what uses and what does not use minutes,...lots!

I wiped the egg off my face tonight and did some thinking.  It occurred to me the article is somewhat correct.  The old $10 plan and the first generation of the $15 plan did charge minutes on incoming calls.  The current $15 plan does not meter incoming calls.  The article needs to provide a long answer for this one.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Not sure if this will do anything but tagging CSA.

Hi @CS_Agent , 

This Help Article has incorrect information for in-market limited talk plans.

Any chance this can be forwarded to the appropriate person/group to revise (or, remove)?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@will13am - well, you didn't write the article.

esjliv_0-1642280395587.png

@esjliv wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Ritaas , this is the help article explaining how usage is logged for the $15 plan.

@will13am I like that help article, expect...well - 

I read this 'Answering a call' = incoming (which should not USE minutes on current In-Market plans). What gives there? Does this have old grandfather plan rules?

Not sure if I like that Help Article anymore...LOL.

esjliv_0-1664400497484.png

edit, and there is more wording not helpful for minute usages on the in-market $15 plan. 🤔

Some of that egg on Public Mobile's face has splashed onto mine.  It is not so reliable to provide help article links anymore.  😢

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv    Lol...more confusing information from PM?

@Ritaas   Purchase the $5/500 Canada wide mins add-on (called booster mins, I think) to supplement your available minutes which can be used anytime you've depleted the plan minutes before renewal resets everything.  Plus any remaining minutes from the add-on will roll over until completely used up as it's non-expiring and with the add-on you won't have to keep bothering family or friends to call you back, at least not often, hopefully.  😊

@will13am wrote:

@Ritaas , this is the help article explaining how usage is logged for the $15 plan.

@will13am I like that help article, expect...well - 

I read this 'Answering a call' = incoming (which should not USE minutes on current In-Market plans). What gives there? Does this have old grandfather plan rules?

Not sure if I like that Help Article anymore...LOL.

esjliv_0-1664400497484.png

edit, and there is more wording not helpful for minute usages on the in-market $15 plan. 🤔

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Definitely second this, so much more cost effective and fairly easy to get by with. Also you can check your history to see the outgoing calls and compare it to your self serve page to see if there is a discrepancy

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ritaas 
Your minutes are rounded up when you call out so the next best thing to do is to text your friends and family to call you on your unlimited incoming.😉

PM rounds outgoing calls to the full minute. If your outgoing call is 5 seconds it is counted as 1 minute.

Check your usage on PM account. Refresh page or use different browser if you think value is not correct.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

refresh.jpg

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You don't need to count incoming. Are you meaning usage on your phone? Or in the account? You checking voicemail takes minutes. Call times get rounded up to the next minute.

Need Help? Let's chat.