cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mexico

Empty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi…I will be in Mexico for a month in January.  I would like to use my phone at the airport to book a Uber…need tips to do that…do I have to buy a sim. Ard with data? Or else…because Piblic Mobile do not offer international plan ouside the US…??

6 REPLIES 6

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Most airports have wifi now. If you just cellular want data, a travel esim is nice and easy because you can set it up ahead of time and then just turn on that esim once you arrive. Assuming you have an e-sim capable phone or course. @softech suggested Airalo, which I've also heard great things about. I've personally used Ubigi which is great.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Empty 

as suggested above, you have to buy local sim there.  Travel eSIM is a choice, physical local sim is another.  You can buy it in the airport, or you can search on Amazon and many sell Mexican travel physical sim card there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Quite possible, @Empty , that the airport may have Wi-Fi within the bounds of the airport.

Perhaps there is a way to determine that ahead of time - if you only need it to book an Uber.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Empty 

Public Mobile only works in Canada and the US (with can-us plan or roaming add-on). You will not be able to use Public Mobile service while in Mexico. You should look into a local prepaid sim or a travel eSIM that gives you data usage for Uber so you can use your phone while in Mexico. Services I have been recommended are Airalo and Nomad. Otherwise look to other carriers that now offer Can-US-Mex plans.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Empty 

sorry, PM does not have roaming service in Mexico at all, they only have roaming services in US.  You will have to buy travel eSIM if you want to have srevice right a way in Mexico for Uber or other internet browsing.  Check Airalo, it's a good one

Need Help? Let's chat.